Chapter 2

Sonic's POV

I gasped as I woke up. Ugh. I had that nightmare again. I reached in under my bed and pulled out a small cardboard box. Inside laid a purple and blue friendship bracelet in a french braid. I smiled as I picked it up.

I wonder if they still remember me...

I shook my head. There's no way they could still remember me. I got up and walked over to the window, while putting on my clothes. I looked out at Avalon, remembering the good memories I had.

"Sonikku! Breakfast is ready!" Queen Amy, my wife shouted. Her beautiful song bird voice rang throughout the castle. I smiled.

"On my way, Ames!" I replied, also shouting. I ran downstairs, not remembering that I still had the friendship bracelet in hand. My sixteen year old daughter, Aurora, came downstairs from her room.

"Mmm. Pancakes!" Spazz, my fourteen year old son exclaimed happily.

I sat down at my seat as Spazz was already halfway done his pancakes.

"Dad, what's that?" Aurora asked, pointing at my hand. I looked at it and saw the bracelet.

"Oh, it-it's nothing." I replied.

"Ya sure?" Amy asked. "You've been acting kind of strange lately..." She trailed off.

"Yes, honey. I'm fine. Trust me." Suddenly, an explosion came from Avalon. I gasped, standing up. Shadow then ran in.

"The villains are setting off rockets! They're headed for here! Take cover!" Shadow shouted. We all got under the table, just before the roof came crashing down. Amy hugged Spazz and Aurora, telling them that everything's going to be ok. This was the fifth time this month. A war has started between Avalon and Camelot ever since we found out that my dad was dead. Nobody knows how he died. A new bad guy, named Jet, took over, demanding that Avalon start war. And they did. Nothing was peaceful here anymore. Aurora started getting mad as a dark aura surrounded her.

"Aurora! Calm down!" I shouted. Aurora's insanity has been threatening to take over, so we try to make sure she doesn't get mad, which is hard with the war. Amy held Aurora to her chest, and smoothed down her quills, comforting her. Aurora started to calm down as the dark aura faded away. The rockets stopped coming and we all got out from underneath the table. The roof was wrecked and pieces of it were everywhere. I opened my fist to reveal the bracelet, safe and sound. I sighed with relief. "Everybody ok?" I asked. They all nodded. "Good."