Chapter 36

Sonic's POV

Me and Jason heard an explosion go off in an old, abandoned huge building. They're supposed to renovate it soon. We ran towards it as a fire started. We ran inside and hurried up the steps. We heard a scream. "Hurry!" We heard somebody shouting for help. "KIANNA!! DON'T WORRY!!! WE'RE COMING!!!" I yelled. A bit of the roof collapsed, nearly hitting us. I hope Kianna heard us. We kept running up the stairs.

"Man, what floor is she on?" Jason asked. I shrugged as I noticed that we were now on the fiftieth floor. This used to be an old hotel, so there was signs that said what floor we were on. We coughed as we kept running. "THERE!!" Jason shouted, pointing. There was a limp body cuffed to the wall.

"KIANNA!!!" We both screamed. We dashed towards her, coughing. We heard a siren in the distance as we broke the cuffs.

"Jason! Take her! I'll get the ambulance people ready!" He nodded and picked her up, putting her over his shoulder. Then he ran downstairs as I jumped out the window. I spin dashed and hit a tree on the ground. Jason doesn't have speed like me so he couldn't jump out the window. "There's two people inside! They're coming down now! One's unconcious!" The ambulance people nodded. Then they brought me to an ambulance. Suddenly, we heard an explosion. We all looked to see the old hotel exploding to bits. Kianna and Jason never got out... Tears streamed down my face. They're gone... It's all my fault... I fell on my knees as I cried. Suddenly, people started gasping and pointing. I looked up to see Jason carrying Kianna in his arms. I gasped. They're alive... I couldn't believe it. The doctors ran towards Jason and took Kianna. They brought her to an ambulance and put a thingy on her to help her breathe. Then they started making sure that she was ok. Once Jason was done, we both ran over to where Kianna was in the ambulance. She was still unconcious.

"She's ok. But you should take her some place safe." We nodded. Jason picked her up.

"Thank you." Me and Jason told the doctors. Then we left, headed towards the Palace.