Chapter 3

Shadow's POV

                    16 Years Ago...

I ran away as I was chased. I threw a necklace with a red gemstone and black string to keep it together to Sonic, who was on the roofs. He laughed and caught it. The gemstone was in a golden container and linked on to the string. The girl that we took it from growled. She was a good friend of ours, she's a year older than Sonic. We never asked her name, we just call her "The Girl."

"Hey! Give it back! That was my mom's! Dad's going to kill me!" We laughed as Sonic threw it back to me. I hopped a fence and caught it.

"Na na a boo boo! You can't get this!" I teased, swinging around the necklace. Then I threw it to Sonic. I then saw something fast behind Sonic. "Sonic! Behind you!" I shouted. Then Sonic was tackled. Sonic and the thing rolled down the roof and fell on the ground. The thing pinned Sonic and took the necklace. It was the girl we took it from.

"Never mess with me again." She threatened, and then she walked away.

"Man, how'd she catch up to you?" I asked Sonic, and he just shrugged.

🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔🦔

                     Present Day...

I noticed the bracelet in Sonic's hand. I smiled sadly as everybody dusted themselves off. "I'll see if everybody else is ok." I said. King Sonic nodded and I left. Olivier called me and she told me that her and mom were ok, and she asked if I was. I told her I was fine, and told her I'm going to make sure everybody else is. She nodded and soon we hung up. I looked out at Avalon and remembered all the good times I had. Maria and Olivier would probably like it there. It's so free. There's no rules. Maybe we should move... I'll talk to Maria about it at supper and then, hopefully, she'll agree. But for now, I need to make sure everybody's ok.