Chapter 4

Olivier's POV

I hung up and went to mom. I was just talking to dad and checking in. She was cooking apple pie in the kitchen. Apple pie is my favorite. She usually always makes desserts. We usually only eat them for dessert after supper. "Hey mom." I said.

"Hi sweetie!" Mom said, turning around after she put the pie in the oven. "Is your dad ok?"

"Yeah. He's fine. He's just making sure everybody's ok then he'll be home."

"Good. We need to have a family talk at supper. All of us." Mom said. I smiled. We usually have family talks, and I enjoy them. We tell each other how we feel about things that's going on and suggest ideas on how to bring all of us closer then ever before. Soon, it was time for supper. I set up the table as mom took the food out of the oven. For supper we were having stir fry, rice, and corn. Tomorrow we're going to have a BBQ and invite all of our friends over for a party. As soon as me and mom put the food on the table, dad came in.

"Dad!" I exclaimed, running to dad and giving him a big bear hug. He chuckled and gave me a hug back.

"Hi sweetie." He said, messing up my quills.

"Dad! Stop!" I told him, laughing.

"Fine, fine." He said, letting me go.

"Supper's ready." My mom said. We all took our seats at the table.

"So... what should we talk about?" I asked, shoving my forkful of food in my mouth. My dad smiled as my mom took a sip of her water.

"I have an idea. Why don't we move to Avalon?" This took me by surprise. It took mom by surprise too. She spit out her water.

"WHAT?!?!" My mom shouted.

"Just think about it! No rules, we get to do whatever we want!" My dad said. "So? What do you think?"

"What about Spazz? I love him! I don't wanna leave him!" I exclaimed.

"You can find somebody else!" Shadow said. "There's tons of boys to choose from on Avalon!"

"But I don't WANT to choose! I want Spazz!"

"What do I think..? What do I think..?" My mom started. Oh no. This is going to be bad. "Sweetie, please go in your room." My mom said. I nodded and hurried up to my room. As soon as I got upstairs, the yelling began.