Returning to Class

The next day, Mikayla woke up early, so that she could return to her usual school routine. She got a shower, got dressed, braided her hair and placed a 24 hour repellent spell on herself to survive the twins distraction that Fred informed her will be 'very messy.' She prepped her book bag, placing a vial of Carra Curatio in her robe pocket, just in case. Mikayla pulled out her potions notes and began reading the recipes as she made her way to the Great Hall for breakfast. When she was walking down the corridor, she heard multiple footsteps echoing behind her, she looked behind her and saw some of the Inquisitoral Squad. She smiled waving at them before going around the corner and taking a secret passageway down to the Entrance Hall. Mikayla bumped into Lee Jordan as she left the passage way. "Oh Hullo Lee, sorry about that, I had Umbridge's minions tailing me." She whisper, helping him pick up his books. Mikayla spotted a list written in George's handwriting on the ground. "Might want to be a little more careful with your lists Lee." She placed it in his notebook, at the back cover, "Praetexo." She whispers, and the list disappeared from sight. "It's Aparecium, to make it become visible again." She informed him, Lee smiled at her amazed.

Mikayla sat down across from Hermione and next to Fred and Ron. "Mikayla! Will you tell Harry it's a bad idea to reach out to Sirius?" Mikayla took a bite of her apple, once she swallowed she shook her head no, "sorry 'Mione but no matter what we say or think we won't stop Mr Potter, he's a very stubborn boy." Ginny, Ron and the twins laugh at Mikayla's response, Harry sent her a 'wtf' look and Hermione looked at her in disbelief. Mikayla wiggled around her spoon of her owl puffs, "Harry, will you not talk to Sirius if I tell you not to?" "No." "Told ya."

"Hem hem." Mikayla shivered at the familiar sound. She spun around on the bench and stood up so that she was towering over Umbridge. "Can I help you with anything Headmistress?" Umbridge smiled, "I would like you to empty your bag, it's been reported that you are carrying contraband." Mikayla furrowed her eyebrows before seeing Cho smirking, she rolled her eyes at the Ravenclaw. "Right now?" Mikayla questioned, "yes Miss Black. Right now." Mikayla nodded and emptied her bag on the ground. Umbridge called over Pansy and Avery to search Mikayla's belongings. "What's this?" Pansy questioned holding up a Milky Way bar. "It's a muggle chocolate bar, it's quite delicious." Mikayla smiles, Pansy opened the bar, sniffed it before throwing it in the ground. "No contraband here Headmistress." Avery stood up and straightened her clothes. "Aha! What's this?" Pansy asks showing the hall a tube of clear gloss. "It's a lip gloss." Mikayla informed her, "makeup is a banned substance." Avery informed Mikayla sadly and apparently it was news to the whole Great Hall.

"Sorry, I didn't know..." Umbridge laughed, "a weeks detention Miss Black." Umbridge announced, Mikayla held her tongue, as she repacked her bag. "See you at six Miss Black." Mikayla nodded whilst she continued packing her things. Umbridge's heel stabbed into Mikayla hand. "Blimey." Mikayla cursed under her breath, "answer me, when I speak to you. Six o'clock detention for a week in MY office, understood?" Mikayla nodded, trying not to cry from the pain, "I understand headmistress." Umbridge removed her heel leaving a bloody hole in Mikayla's palm.

Mikayla stood up with her bag on her shoulder, she excused herself from her friends and made her way to the Hospital Wing. "Hello Madam Pomfrey, sorry to disturb you but, my hand.. um..." Mikayla raised her hand and Pomfrey gasped. "Take a seat dear." Mikayla did so, she waited for two minutes before Professor Snape arrived with one of his vials of Carra Curatio. "I'll fix this one." Snape informed Pomfrey, before adding three drops and rubbing the potion into her hand. "I need to speak with you, privately." Mikayla shook her head no, "I'm being watched by Umbridge and the Inquisitoral Squad." Mikayla thanked her Professor for curing her before rushing off to History of Magic.

Hermione wasn't paying attention to Professor Binns whatsoever, she was too busy trying to convince Harry not to go through with his plan to talk to Umbridge. Mikayla followed along with her Professor knowing that the boys aren't taking notes. She knew she'd have to give Hermione a copy of her notes of the class since she was preoccupied. Binns was revising The 1612 Goblin Rebellion, where the goblin population of the wizarding world revolted against the discrimination and prejudice demonstrated towards their kind by wizards and witches. The cause for this particular rebellion was the lack of goblin representation on the Wizengamot. The Wizengamot is wizarding Britain's high court of law and parliament. Binns always described the war as bloody and vicious. In 1612, the rebellion took place in the vicinity of Hogsmeade Village; the Three Broomsticks Inn was used as the wizard headquarters for the rebellion. Mikayla enjoyed learning the past of wizards mistreated other beings in their community, this helped her learn from their mistakes and in time will her in the future as Head of the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures.

By the time the foursome reached the dungeons, Harry and Ron were no longer talking to Hermione, but that didn't stop her warnings. Mikayla mutter the duplicating incantation, "Geminio." making three copies of her notes before giving her friends one each. When they arrived in potions they were making a Invigoration Draught. The Invigoration Draught is a potion which boosts the drinker's energy. The pupils were reminded not to ingested this potion as it's against school rules. For some reason, Snape wasn't taunting Harry like he usually did, in fact Harry made a great potion. When he bottled his vial, and made his way to Snape with his finished product. Snape smashed the vial just after Hermione cleared away the rest of his potion. Harry has no words, Mikayla bottled her potion sending Harry a sorrowful look. Harry bolted out of the door as the bell rung Mikayla handed Snape her potion.