Pepper Collins

It's July 22nd, as known as the due date for 25 songs to be given to Madam Malkin. The last week has consisted group meet ups to film music videos as well as Mikayla's sixteenth birthday. Molly let Mikayla invite the elites, with the exceptions of Draco Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson, and her quidditch teammates, including Lee as Alicia's date, Oliver even came. The group ate some dinner, played some wizard games and a game of quidditch, Mikayla had a lot of fun. Today, the girls planned to film the last three songs, two group songs and a duet. 

They decided to film the last two group videos in the woods they hid in during the Quidditch World Cup. Knowing that it looked beautiful this time of year, and had very few wizarding visitors since that night. The girls would be meeting Hannah, Luna, Padma and Parvati to film 'Perfect' and 'Shallow', those that weren't in one of the songs were going to record the videos for the others, it was too risky to invite a bigger group of people to be their crew. It didn't take long to record the videos as they had prerecorded their vocals for 'Shallow', and 'Perfect' was a sit down shoot.

{Dani: Ginny, Hermione: Amy, Parvati: Katherine, Padma: Christina, Mikayla: Lisa, Avery: Lauren}

{Dani: Ginny, Hermione: Amy, Hannah: Katherine, Luna: Christina, Mikayla: Lisa, Avery: Lauren}

Their final song to record, was a duet called 'Silence'. Mikayla and Avery were waiting for Tonks to apparate them to their location, along with Hermione who's going to record the video. It was the orders' idea to send Tonks with them since she's an Auror, and would be able to protect them in case they get attacked by Death Eaters. 

Their location is Doug Aitken's "Mirage," a mirror-clad, gabled house in California's Coachella Valley, its mirrored sides reflect the craggy and desert topography around it and the nearby San Jacinto Mountains. Mikayla and Avery visited it once when they were little with Enya after Fergal left their California Holiday to fix something at work. Avery thought it would be the perfect for the message of the song, and a fun trip.

Mikayla tuned her guitar as she looked at her reflection in the house, she watched the wind blow through her hair, a small smile on her face as the memories of this beautiful place filled her mind

Mikayla tuned her guitar as she looked at her reflection in the house, she watched the wind blow through her hair, a small smile on her face as the memories of this beautiful place filled her mind. She could almost hear the laughter of the 7-year-olds Mikayla and Avery as they ran about and dance in front of the mirror with their mum. She has changed so much since she was last here, whilst the landscape hasn't changed a bit. 

Mikayla's past self has been worn away by trauma, and loss, that she no longer recognises the girl in front of her. The big change is her and Avery relationship, they're more like sisters now than they were when they thought they were actual twins. "Are we ready?" Hermione questions the girls, snapping Mikayla out of her thoughts, "yeah, we're ready." Avery smiled at her sister before Mikayla began playing the instrumental.