Beth's Surprise

"Beth, um do you want me to ring your partner to tell him what's happened?" Mikayla questioned, Beth nodded telling Mikayla her phone is in her bag, Mikayla gets the phone, Beth calls out her husband's number and Mikayla dials it into the phone. She puts the phone on speaker, "Beth Honey, I'm at work is everything ok?" Her husband's questions, "Ron, I'm ok, I'm going to let Mikayla talk to you." Mikayla put the phone off speaker and put it to her ear. "Hello Mr Ryan, my name is Mikayla... your wife was on the Millennium bridge when it fell, she's ok. But from the shock she went into labour, and she's given birth to two girls and a boy." "W-What?" "Your babies are here on a raft in the middle of the Thames. They're all healthy and safe, we're just waiting for the rescue team." "What about Beth is she ok?" "Would you like to talk to her for a while?" "Please." Beth passes Mikayla the second baby girl, Avery the first baby girl and she kept the baby boy in her left arm.

"How old are you two?" Beth asks, Mikayla looked at Avery before smiling at Beth, "sixteen," "Sixteen and you knew how to do that!" One of the women Mikayla called to help hold the babies said quite loudly causing the other people to strain their necks to look at the girls. "Our mum Enya was a doctor, she wanted us to be prepared for any medical emergency." Avery informed the woman, "was?" A man questioned, "yeah, she passed away a few years ago." Mikayla informed them, before looking down at the baby in her hands, "hello gorgeous." She whispered slightly, the baby cooed as Mikayla rocked her.

When Beth ends the phone call, she swapped babies with Avery, "have you chosen any names, Beth?" Beth nodded, "Daniel Ronald Ryan, Mikayla Jane Ryan and Avery Enya Ryan." Mikayla and Avery's jaws dropped in surprise, "w-what?" Avery questioned trying to figure if she misheard Beth. "Well this little one is definitely a Mikayla." Beth gestures to the first born, "I reckon that Avery looks like a Avery." Mikayla looked down smiling, "hello Avery." Mikayla whispered to the baby, "and then Daniel was my dad's name, so it seemed fitting." The girls nodded understandably.

They heard sirens, everyone looked around to see where they were coming from, "coast guards coming from the left." A man calls, Mikayla looks back at Beth, "Avery and I will go with you, so we can ring Ron and tell him what hospital you're going to." Beth agreed with the plan, Mikayla packed away her things with one hand, zipping up her bag and putting her backpack on. When the coast guard reached them, "we got a call about a woman in labour, we can only fit ten people on at a time." A young man calls he couldn't be much older than 19. "I'll hold Avery whilst you get down Beth." Mikayla told her, the boy helped Beth into the boat, he then took the two babes off Mikayla letting her slide into the boat, Mikayla took Daniel off Avery helping her onto the boat. Avery took Daniel off Mikayla and took Mikayla off Beth, whilst Mikayla helped the man with the other six people.

Mikayla saw the ambulance on pier just to the left, Mikayla took Avery off Beth and left the woman lie down on her legs. "You're going to be ok, Beth." Mikayla comforted the girl, "Beth? My name is Daniel, we'll have you in the ambulance in five minutes." Mikayla chuckled lightly at the boy's name, causing him to look at the blonde suspiciously, "I'm Mikayla, this is baby Avery..." and then Avery speaks up from the other side of Beth, "and I'm Avery and these are babies Mikayla and Daniel." Daniel looked in disbelief, "that's strange.." Daniel chuckled whilst he continued to comfort Beth, Beth was a chatty woman, turns out she's 36, from London, and married 14 years. Then she went on to give Daniel a summary of what happened on the raft. "And they're only 16!" She concluded as they arrived at the dock, Daniel looked stunned but Mikayla was too focused on getting Beth up and into the ambulance. Daniel helped the girls in getting Beth up the stairs and into the ambulance, "only one can come with her." "You go, I'll get home and tell Mrs Weasley what happened."

Mikayla gave her sister a kiss on the cheek goodbye before hopping into the back of the ambulance, "you and your sister are you twins?" Beth asked on the way to the hospital, "no we're step siblings, I am 16 days older than her." Mikayla informed Beth who laughed and then gasped! "I never checked their TOB!" Beth realised, Mikayla smiled at the young woman, "I did, Mikayla was born at 5:28, Avery was born at 5:30 and Daniel was born at 5:33. I have all the information written down in my notebook." Beth sighed in relief, Mikayla was cradling Daniel, who was so peaceful. "What hospital are you bringing us to?" Mikayla asked the paramedic that was in the back with them, "London Bridge Hospital." Mikayla got Beth's phone and called Ron once again.

"Hey Ron, it's Mikayla again. We're on our way to London Bridge Hospital, we're arriving by ambulance." Mikayla informed him, "ok, I'll be there in five minutes." Ron spoke quickly before Mikayla hung up, "he'll be there in five minutes." Mikayla told Beth.

"I changed my mind about the placenta, I think I'll get it made into pills." Mikayla nodding informing Beth that it's in her backpack in a ziplock plastic bag. Within seven minutes they arrived at the hospital through the ambulance entrance, Beth was put in a wheelchair, and gave Mikayla Avery to carry with Daniel as Beth could only carry one in the confined space of a wheelchair. As they walk in, Mikayla follows Beth and she hears "nevermind that's her." Before a dark haired young man ran towards Beth, "Beth, darling are you ok?" Beth beamed brightly, "yes I am, all thanks to Mikayla and her sister Avery." Ron turned to the blonde noticing that she was carrying two of his kids, Ron goes to pick up Avery, Mikayla smiles as he talks lowly to the baby saying hello.

After two hours, Mikayla had given the hospital all the information they need, and once the doctors left her, Beth and Ron in a room, all was revealed. "So our baby was delivered by THE Mikayla Black..." Ron says causing Mikayla's eyes to widen, "wait so your..." she looked to make sure no one was listening to them, "wizards?" The pair nodded, "I am originally a Brown and I believe that you're in my cousin Lavender's year." Mikayla smiled nodded, 'Beth Brown and Ron Ryan... I've heard those names before' Mikayla thought before her eyes widened, "Beth Brown, the Holyhead Harpies seeker from 1981-1990? and Ron Ryan, the Dragonologist that runs the Dragon Sanctuary in Romania..." The couple chuckle lightly, "I'm a big fan of both of you, I can't believe I didn't recognise you." Ron smiles brightly at the blonde, "I understand the recognition of my wife, but how do you know about me?" Mikayla blushes lightly, "A good friend of mine, he's pretty much a brother to me really, Charlie Weasley works for you. Whenever he comes home, he talks about how creative and inspiring you are, and how he hopes one day to work on a project with you. And he'd probably would kill me for admitting that last part to you." Beth and Ron chuckle at the blonde's honesty.

"How did you recognise Avery and I?" Beth and Ron share a glance as they were questioning on whether they should answer her or not. "Your mum and dad were good friends of ours since we were in Hogwarts until... well you know." "Yeah..." "And you knew Avery from mums marriage to Fergal?" "Yeah, but I'm glad she's taken after your mum instead of her biological parents..." Ron said quick and earned a glare from his wife, as he look sorrowful for slipping out his opinion. "Me too. She's on the right side of history." The pair a nod, "I'm so sorry for all the pain you've been through the last few years, I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy." Mikayla shrugs with a sad smile, "it's helped me grown into the person I am today, I could bitter and cruel but I decided that to honour those who I have lost, by fighting for the people they left behind." Mr & Mrs Ryan pulled the blonde into a hug, Mikayla was confused by this gesture but accepted the hug with a smile.

———————————————————————
Don't forget to let your voice be heard! I answer all comments and appreciate all votes. Correct my mistakes or share your opinions on reading each part. Regards me x