Shut Up

Created by: @/hollandsamor on tumblr

With the setting sun gently grazing your face and the blossoming scent of lavender lingering in the air, you settled down on a heavy plod along the pavement, feeling quite hesitant on meeting tom. after all, it has been quite some time. but your sullen mood was pushed aside as you caved in to his pleas for a little stroll to catch up on lost time.

the friendship you and tom shared was far from perfect but probably the best thing that had ever happened to you. the little happiness within your heart thought of how grateful you were to have him during your toughest times. it was just the fact that you weren't sure where you stood with him that was the problem.

because mixed signals seemed to mess you up pretty badly.

it was certain that you went through the so-called 'path of life' alone; you coped with your own problems; you've solved them single-handedly. you clearly were in no need of assistance, surely. but the dire need of a partner, of someone, for physical affection, the need of the constant sweet nothings being whispered into your ear─it was something you desperately craved. hoped for, even. and it looked like that that was all you were doing. holding on to a thin strand of hope.

you saw tom in the entrance of the park, located literally only 2 minutes away from your home, and you sensed a little flutter in your heart at his form.

the curls on his head moved like soft beach grass in the soft wind and all you ever wished was to be the one having your hands weaving in and out of them. but it was no time to wish such desperate things.

he engulfed you in a hug so tight, but warm and tender, "hey," he mumbled in your shoulder, "been long, huh?"

"no shit," you replied back when you pulled away, catching sight of his embarrassed smile.

negative thoughts shoved out of the way, you decided that you should enjoy the little saunter for however long it lasted, to relish the good times you had with him.

but who knew things would take an unexpected turn at the end of the night?

it felt almost pleasurable whenever you had a conversation with tom, like it was so much more than just words. the golden hue spreading across london somehow made the time spent with one another more intimate.

they were the moments that you appreciated greatly when you were in his company, feeling protected, peaceful and dare you say it─loved.

but tom knew you for years; he sensed your uneasiness when he got hold of your hand to bring you closer to him whilst you both walked. you couldn't tell if you were glad or not that he brought it up.

"y/n," he let go, crossing his arms to survey you coolly, which caught your attention mildly.

you mimicked his stance, "what?"

"something's up," tom noted, his brown eyes staring you down. your hard expression softened at him.

of course, he knew.

your arms fell to your sides in defeat, your eyes falling to an odd rock on the floor, kicking it aimlessly.

you breathed out a heavy sigh. "i- i feel alone, tom. i don't like this feeling a-and I can't even explain it.

"i feel like i don't deserve you-" you ended up giving a half-hearted laugh at how stupid you sounded.

tom stepped forward, his head slightly tilted whilst he gazed at you, "you aren't alone; you've never been alone, princess."

you felt the heat growing in your cheeks at the pet name and tom spotted the pretty rosiness that decorated your features.

"you sure about that? why do you leave me like this?"

"like what?" he questioned, but he gave you no time to answer, "this?"

you were glad no one was around for the realisation hits you as soon as he grasped your hips. tom soon had you up to the nearest tree, before gently caressing the backs of your thighs whilst he scanned your flustered state.

his eyes held a cheeky twinkle in his eye, "sometimes, y/n, you talk too much-"

"but you fucking asked me what-"

"ah ah-" his index finger moved to your lips, silencing you, "maybe you should just shut up just this once."

astounded, your jaw dropped at his forwardness. shut up. the fucker just told you to shut up.

but your train of thought immediately ceased because before you knew it, your lips were caught with his, in a kiss that submerged in pure passion. the warmth that his lips immediately seem to connect you within.

and you embraced it, kissing him back with equal fervour. because you felt like everything will be fine if you just kissed him.

and kiss him you did.

your hand squeezed into his mess of hair, the curls you'd fallen in love with time and time again, and adored how his lips fit so perfectly with your own.

maybe...

maybe, kissing was the best way to shut up.