Daylight

Created by: @/entraptuhs on tumblr

Summary: Tom proposes to Y/N

“Please just give me a second chance. I changed, I’m not the same person I was when we were teenagers.” Alex said, holding Y/N’s arm when she tried to walk away. She pulled away and shook her head.

“After what you did to me… made me not want to trust anyone.” Tears welled up in her eyes as she thought of the night that she came home and found Alex in her bed with another woman. She sniffled and looked away from him. “You really hurt me…” She said quietly. He reached for her again and Y/N backed away before he could touch her.

“I’m sorry, but I’m not the same person when we were last together. Please…” He pleaded, sadness fell over his face. Y/N wiped her face with her sleeve and shook her head.

“I finally found someone who treats me good and that loves me. He would never cheat on me like you did.” She snapped and turned, walking the other way. Y/N ignored his calls and walked out of the store with the food she bought upon seeing him.

She got in her car and sat the groceries in the passenger side seat. She put her head in her hands and cried. Tears dropped on to the steering wheel and onto her blue jeans. That night that she caught him replayed in her mind over and over again in her mind. Y/N started to take deep breaths while she gripped the steering wheel.

“I can’t believe I’m crying over something that happened like two years ago,” she scoffed and ran a hand through her hair. She took out her phone and sniffled, seeing a text from Tom made her smile. She quickly texted him back and sent him a heart. She put her phone down in the seat next to her and started the car.

“Tommy?” Y/N said while she walked through the front door, and then she saw them. Rose petals scattered across the floor and Tessa sitting on the couch with a piece of paper tucked in her collar. Y/N smiled and walked over to the staffie, taking the piece of paper from her collar and opened it.

“Meet me in the gardens when you see this. :)”

Y/N scratched behind Tessa’s ear and headed toward the back of the house and a trail of rose petals led the way. She walked until she got to the back door of the house. She opened it to find more rose petals, candles and Tom on one knee facing the door. Y/N’s heart skipped a beat and she froze.

“Oh my god, Tommy…” Her eyes filled up with tears as she approached him. He was beaming and holding a small black box in his hand. Tom opened it and tears began to run down his face, smiling wider at her.

“Will you marry me, my love?” His voice cracked slightly. He cleared his throat and looked up at Y/N, waiting. She covered her face and then nodded a ‘yes’. She fell to her knees and hugged him tightly.

“I will marry you Tommy!” She cried into his chest. He held her close and kissed her head as he slipped the diamond ring on her finger.

“I love you so much Y/N. I always will and always have.”

Step into the daylight and let it go...