Chapter 2: Awakening (Part 1)

Unknown Location once again...

Open your eyes...

The boy unknowingly followed this command, allowing his world to fade from an empty white to a piercing blue.

Open your eyes.

His vision began to focus, and he was able to make out the structure above him: four pairs of small, blue lights circled around a much smaller one. Those lights were surrounded by a flower petal-like design. It slowly curved off and reached the ceiling, where it was overpowered by a much foggier atmosphere. The water around him began to drain.

Wake up, Link.

Although the rest of the water was gone, Link could not move. Exhaustion overpowered him, but the boy dared to fight it. He had to get up. He must get up. A moment later, his battle was finally over, and he was able to move his body.

Everything outside of his bed was much blurrier than he could've imagined, barely seeing the walls of the unfamiliar room he found himself in. He managed to locate the way out of the bath, and crawled over the wall, leaping to his feet on the detailed floor beside it.

Link, outside of the bath, was able to see the walls much better than before. Orange lights were scattered across a dark brown wall, being linked together like dim constellations. On the far side of the room was a door and a glowing pedestal. Without seeing another way out of his chamber, Link walked over to the pedestal, which activated on his closure. The inner dial slid out and spun clockwise, popping out a strange orange and blue tablet with an eye in the center of it.

That is a Sheikah Slate. Take it. It will help guide you after your long slumber, the mysterious voice beckoned. Link, slightly hesitating, followed the voice's command, and took the slate out of the dial, which spun back into place. Link flipped the tablet around, and the blank screen flashed an strong blue, with an unfamiliar eye in the center of it. Suddenly, he heard a strange gasping sound behind him, and alarmingly turned around. The fog that lied between him and the far wall felt thicker than it was before, so the pointed-ear boy could barely see a thing.

He slowly walked towards the sound, brandishing the Sheikah Slate as a weapon.

The pillared door finally responded the pedestal's command and began to open. Upon seeing the next room, Link gave up on finding the source and walked out.

...

Two sighs of relief came from the far-left corner of the chamber. The door sliding open saved them from being beaten over the head with a rather sturdy-looking tablet.

"Nice going, jacka$$," Remi quietly chastised the black-haired boy standing right next to her. After seeing a bright, blue light on the other side of the room, John instinctively shoved his Joker mask over her head to hide the very pink hair, but accidentally ended up hitting her in the nose, since his glowing eyes were squinted to keep them hidden from the newly-awakened boy.

It was a very bone-headed move, John thought to himself, but he would never, in his life, admit that to the pinkette beside him. Instead, he tacitly walked over to the opposing wall and leaned against it, gesturing for Remi to do the same. Instead, she began to shuffle towards the door, trying the find out where the boy went. The Queen noticed that that the blond boy was now fully clothed and activated another pedestal, and the circular center of the door next to it popped out, allowing the planks to slide open and sunlight to escape through.

Once the pointed-ear boy finally left the cave, Remi immediately bolted down the corridor, John following soon after. They ran up and down flights of stairs, splashed through a lone puddle, and quickly scaled the small ledge. The two were too determined to allow anything to stop them. Any sign, any signal the duo could find to find out where they were at, the pair was more than willing to take-