Chapter 6: Shrines (Part 2)

Hyrule - Outside the Shrine

'Ugh... how long are those two going to take?' The irritated noirette thought as he sat on the shrine's step. The boy opted to stay out of the shrine to "keep watch," knowing full well the only real threat was the faraway pack of Bokoblins, who were finding entertainment in hitting each other with a wooden club.

John ran his hand through his black hair as a newfound exhaustion overcame him, even though the sky said it was hardly noon. Uselessly tapping on his blacked-out phone as the minutes slowly crept away, a blot of loneliness forced its way into his mind.

'There really is no way, huh?'

"Hey!" John took his hand out of his hair and shoved his phone back into his pocket, as the old man happily glided towards him from an entirely different direction from the tower.

Refusing to return this sudden greeting, the noirette simply scoffed, fed up with the theatrics of the damned hermit. The old man dismissed this rudeness and politely asked, "May I ask why you didn't adventure with your friend into the shrine?"

John glared at the gigantic man before him, and curtly replied, "Get the hell away from me." But the man did not oblige — instead he limped over to sit next to the noirette, who stubbornly looked away.

The hermit gazed at the shimmering lake just ahead of the shrine, stroking his white beard thoughtfully. "You're a distrustful young lad, aren't you? Well, I suppose considering your circumstances, that trait will work in your favor."

The silence from the black-haired boy only thickened the awkwardness, as the glow from his amber eyes began to strengthen. "May I ask what you were holding in your hands a few minutes ago?" The old man questioned, "And why you were repeatedly tapping on it as if you wanted to break it?"

"... None of your business."

"Oh-ho! You finally got your vocal cords back, I see!" The old man chuckled to himself as John angrily turned away, frustrated from the teasing. "Well, whatever it was, I suppose it really is none of my business. I'll stop pestering you now, young man, I'm sure your... companion and Link are nearly done finding the treasures below."

As if right on time, an overpowering blue light revealed itself behind the pair, as Remi and Link slowly stepped off the elevator platform to return to the surface.

***
The Great Plateau Tower

John wanted nothing more than to simply bash his head in on one of the beige pillars. Not only did that damned hermit once again forget to uphold his end of the deal, but somehow conned the trio into finding three more of these Spirit Orbs, by which the pinkette readily agreed to do so without any say from the dark-haired teen at all.

"Please do me a favor and quit your pouting." Remi chastised. Knowing she was going to be ignored, the girl turned back to look at the Sheikah Slate, which was currently being used as a scope to help the blond knight locate the other shrines. "And... I think that building on the snowy mountain over there is the last one! Let's get going, shall we?"

Remi and Link made their way down the tower once again, while practically dragging John along with them. They ran across across a desolate, rocky path that led them to an area filled with ruined and crumbling buildings.