Chapter 3: Awakening (Part 2)

"Only then, will I do all that I can to help you two get home."

***
Hyrule:

Remi was utterly stumped on how to confront the skilled knight. As the two hid behind a decaying wall, the pink-haired teen brainstormed ideas on how to safely approach Link, only to be swiftly shot down by John, making the girl more peeved by the second.

"Oh for the love of- maybe we can try to sneak up on him?"

"So our heads can be sneakily bashed in with that bat he got from god-knows-where?"

Although he did have a point, Remi was starting to find his constant disapproval insufferable. She rolled her eyes and looked over the wall to glimpse at the blond boy, who stood as still as a leaf, facing away from the pair.

"We can always just approach him calmly, I suppose," Remi mentioned to John, "he is just standing there."

"Huh?" John quizzed, rising to his feet to join the pinkette, "What do you mean, he's jus-"

But before he could finish, the noirette was shoved away by Remi, who narrowly dodged an arrow that whizzed by her. He quickly whipped his head to see Link preparing to fire another. John's amber eyes burned, and he shifted to his stolen attack phase with electricity forming across his body.

"Did you just try to shoot me?" The Joker's fiery eyes hardly phased the stoic knight before him; the latter replaced his bow with his club and shield, preparing for the battle.

Before Remi could even activate her ability, John shot off towards Link, who quickly blocked the former with his shield. Parrying Joker away, the blond swung his club down, which was only just blocked between John's now-raised arms.

Remi built up lightning in her hand and shot it towards Link. Using his quick thinking, the knight kicked the unsuspecting noirette into the blast.

"Eugh- watch where you're aiming that!" John shouted, tensing from the shock.

"You're acting like I meant to do it!" Remi yelled right back as she began to charge at Link, throwing an electricity-laced punch at him. Swiftly dodging it, the blond caught the pinkette off guard and swung his club at the girl, before getting tackled by John.

While having the resisting Link pinned, the noirette attempted to electrocute the boy, before getting thrown off by the knight's overwhelming strength. Link rose to his feet and jumped towards the hurting John, winding up for a devastating strike.

"Wait— hold on!" Remi cried, as she barely reached her companion before the blond, "We're here to help you!" Link ignored her plead and whacked her in the chest, shattering the club on impact, but the pinkette stood her ground.

"Hey. Didn't you hear her?" John stated, suddenly behind the knight, preparing a punch. The blond whipped around and held his shield up, but to no avail. Upon impact, the shield broke in two as he was pushed back into the pink-haired girl. She ripped volts into his body, causing Link to stumble to the ground, unconscious.

Panicking, the pinkette deactivated her ability and sat the boy up against a nearby tree, trying to keep him awake. "Oh god- I hope he doesn't hate us too much for that..."

"He tried killing us!" John angrily retorted. The noirette grabbed the eye tablet off the boy's body, but could not turn it on. There has to be a button somewhere, damn it! Exasperated, the Queen grabbed the tablet out of John's hand and simply held the blank screen up to her face, where a single yellow dot appeared.

Remi was slightly confused at the display before her. "Hm... well I think we need to go that way," she said, pointing in the probably correct direction, "But first, we need to get him on his feet," the pinkette continued, gesturing to the boy.

The girl knelt next to the knight, softly shaking his shoulder and murmured, "Hey... Link, wake up." Eventually the boy did regain consciousness, and Remi continued, "I'm glad you're awake! We're sorry for attacking you earli-"

"I'm not." John interrupted.

Remi shot the noirette a quick glare before correcting herself, "I am sorry for attacking you earlier, but we really, really need you," She began to explain their situation to the knight before her, who occasionally nodded with understanding. "I know this is a lot to ask for... and we didn't exactly meet in the best of ways... but can you please let us help you?"

***

"So, where are we heading?" Remi politely asked, peering over the blond's shoulder for a better look at the tablet in his hands.

Looking down at the Sheikah Slate in his hands, Link began spinning around on the overgrown stone path, until the glowing waypoint was directly in front of him on the map. Scanning the area, he saw a faint glow coming from a cove, surrounded by a few creatures.

"What the hell are those?" John voiced after following the blond's gaze. The pig-faced... things looked no taller than Link, had burnt-orange skin, and most importantly, were armed with clubs and wooden shields.

"Bokoblins," the knight softly muttered, reaching to his back to grab his... nothing. Oh no... we don't have any weapons to fight them!

But the boy didn't need to worry; Remi and John's eyes shined bright as the two shot off towards the pack, swiftly taking them out.

"AGH-" Remi yelped, very surprised that the monsters exploded in a purple haze after falling to the ground. The knight snapped out of his astonishment and regrouped with the pair, grabbing a few weapons that once belonged to the slaughtered Bokoblins.

The three marched into the cove, where there was an empty, orange pedestal similar to the one the trio saw earlier. Link hesitantly placed his Sheikah Slate into the pedestal, and the inner dial to slid back in and turned; the pedestal started to shine a brighter orange.

"Sheikah tower activated," came a voice from the slate, "Please watch for falling rocks."

...Watch for what now?

Suddenly, the earth started to violently shake below their feet, as they all stumbled to the floor. The platform shot its way out of the ground, sending many boulders and rocks across the Great Plateau.

"What— was that?!" John shouted through his panting, but received no answer. Remi rose to her feet and made her way to the rounded edge of the platform, only to be met with a brilliant, blue aura radiating off the newly erected tower.

A strange apparatus coming from the top of the tower dropped a bright, water-like substance onto the Sheikah Slate. The dial spun around and stuck the tablet out and stated, "Regional Map extracted." Link quickly grabbed the slate back, and sure enough, the once-blank map now had the area around them filled in.

You have been asleep for the past 100 years, came the voice from before. The blond looked around and the ground started to shake once again, The beast... a dragon-like head made out of an awful, red-purple malice bursted from the center of the faraway castle, and the three looked on in terror. The voice, however, calmly continued, When the beast regains its true power, the world...

...Will face its end. The dragon opened its mouth and made a disgusting screech that the trio will never be able to forget.

***

A/N: I am really sorry for this late chapter! My life got weirdly busy during this last week (I was procrastinating as well) and writing this chapter completely slipped my mind. Also, thank you for 200 reads on my story! I really appreciate it :)