Chapter Six

Elena is crying over Jeremy's body laying on the floor when Diana makes it to Elena's bedroom. Diana looks between them, trying to figure out what the hell happened here, Elena looks up at her, eyes wet with her tears.

"He's dead" Elena admits.

"What the hell happened?" Diana asks rushing to kneel next to Jeremy.

"Damon" Elena answers.

"Damon did this?" Diana counters, Elena nods. Diana notices John's magical ring on Jeremy's finger and realizes he isn't permanently dead. Diana lets out a breath and falls onto her backside. "His ring" She whispers, Elena looks at her. "John's ring" Diana adds. "He's wearing John's ring" Elena looks at Jeremy's hand and notices the ring too, she lets out a relieved breath and runs her fingers through her hair.

.........

A little while later; Elena is on the floor, cradling Jeremy in her arms, Diana stands with Stefan behind them.

"He saw the ring, that's why he did it. He knew." Stefan offers.

"He didn't see the ring." Elena counters.

"It's Katherine. She got under his skin. She undid everything that was good about him."

"There's nothing good about him. Stefan, not anymore. He's decided what he wants. He doesn't want to feel, he wants to be hated, it's just easier that way. He got his wish." Elena begins to cry. "I hate him, Stefan." Stefan kneels down next to her and comforts her.

"I know. I know." Stefan whispers, he kisses her on the shoulder. Jeremy suddenly wakes up gasping. Stefan takes his face and looks in his eyes.

"Is he okay? Stefan, is he okay?"

"He's okay. Shhh, you're okay."

"He killed me! Damon killed me!" Jeremy tells them, Elena embraces him and smiles.

"It's okay. Oh God." Stefan and Elena are both relieved. Diana watches the three of them and then marches out the room.

"Diana" Stefan warns already guessing what she is going to do.

"Stop her" Elena begs. "He'll hurt her" Stefan follows after Diana.

............

Diana's grabbing her bow when Stefan walks into her room. She moves to walk passed him, Stefan's hand reaching out and grabbing her arm.

"If you go after him there is no saying what he will do" Stefan warns her.

"All the more to dispose of him" Diana pulls her arm away from him. "Before he hurts someone, for real next time"

"Please" He begs of her. "Elena needs you...Jeremy needs you...." She stares at him. "You won't be here if Damon kills you"

"He won't get the chance" She counters. "He's hurt enough people, Stefan, this ends...now"

"Give me a chance to get through to him" Stefan begs of her. "I saw him changing, Diana...I saw the good in him" She raises an eyebrow at him.

"First sign that he's going to hurt someone....he dies" She counters, he nods. "Now get out of my room" He lets out a breath and

...................

Diana glances behind her as Jeremy steps into her room and closes the door behind him. She raises an eyebrow at him as he fidgets slightly.

"Sorry I punched Mr Saltzman" Jeremy offers, she hums a little and nods. "Is it...serious?" he asks her, she gives him a small smile.

"Yeah" She answers. "I think so..." Jeremy sits on the edge of her bed as she closes her closet doors. "Wouldn't have told Jenna if it wasn't..."

"Yeah, I guess so" Jeremy whispers and lets out a sigh.

"You okay?" she asks him, he shrugs and then shakes his head. "You could have come to me, you know" She tells him. "The second you found out about the vampires"

"I didn't know if you would have them take away my memories"

"I wasn't part of that" She assures him. "I would never have let that happen" he looks at her. "They kept it from me in the beginning too, Jer" she lets out a breath and steps closer to him. "I gave you the journal knowing it would start you on the path of knowledge. I knew where this would lead. I'm on your side" he looks down and nods. She pats his arm and nods. "Here" She yanks a locked crate from under her bed and kneels in front of it. Diana unlocks it and throws open the lid. Jeremy's eyes widen as he looks inside. "You wanna learn about vampires....I'll teach you" They share a look, he kneels at her side.

..................

Diana closes her curtains in her room, her phone pressed to her ear as she talks to Alaric.

"How was Jenna?" He asks.

"She was upset...but that's not even the worst thing that happened tonight" Diana admits.

"Oh, no? What was?" Alaric asks as he gets comfy in his bed.

"Damon happened" Diana answers as she climbs onto her bed. Alaric groans a little.

"What did he do now?"

"Killed Jeremy" She answers, Alaric frowns and sits up.

"What?" he asks her. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine...He's fine...he came back. John must have given him his magic ring before he left" Diana lays back and lets out a breath. "I'm going to start teaching him how to protect himself" She admits. "Just the basics..."

"I think that's a great idea, considering everything that's been going on lately." She hums in agreement as she lays back on her bed.

"Feels weird" she whispers. "Being here"

"You could come over" he offers.

"Jenna's already so pissed" She tells him. "Gotta play nice for a while, I think" she yawns into the back of her hand. "I'll bring coffee in the morning before you go to work, it's the Carnival set up so you're going to be busy"

"You mean we?" he asks her.

"Not in high school any more" she reminds him with a smirk. "Don't gotta do the work" she teases. "I might just lay in your bed allllll day...naked"

"Come on" He groans. "How is that fair?"

"It's not supposed to be fair, Ric" She comments.

"Trying to work with that image in my head..." He mumbles to himself. Diana smirks listening to him. "You are so mean, Diana" he scolds but there is no real malice in his voice. She can't stop smiling. Even talking to him on the phone. Even just this. Makes her unbelievably happy.