Chapter Fifty-Eight

At the Mystic Falls High School, it's the 60s decade dance. Everyone's dancing. Alaric/Klaus arrives, dances his way through the crowd and heads over to Dana and her date.

"Nice outfit, Mr. Saltzman. Totally far out." Dana offers.

"Thank you, Dana. Thank you. Now, who is your date?" Alaric/Klaus asks her. 

"It's Chad, Mr. Saltzman, from third period." Chad answers. 

"Chad, of course. How would you and your friends like to earn a little extra credit?" Chad smiles and looks eager to help out.

....................

Inside everyone is dancing. Dana goes onto the stage and speaks into the microphone.

"Thanks for being here, everybody. We have a special shout-out tonight." Elena, Stefan, Bonnie, Jeremy, and Damon stop in front of the stage. "This is for Elena. From Klaus." A song starts playing. Elena seems stunned. Alaric/Klaus looks happy.

"That was a lame, cheap shot. He's just trying to bait us." Damon points out.

"I know everyone here," Elena admits as she looks around.

"Maybe he's not here. Just wants us to believe that he is."

"It's a party, people. Blend. Let him come to us."

"Good idea." Bonnie takes Jeremy's arm.

"No, no, I really don't feel like dancing," Jeremy argues but Bonnie persists. 

"Too bad." They go on the dance floor. Damon sees Alaric/Klaus.

"There's Ric. I'll be back." Damon walks over to and stands next to Alaric/Klaus.

"Special dedication, huh? This guy's a little twisted." Alaric/Klaus offers.

"I'm not impressed." Alaric/Klaus looks disappointed and looks at Damon.

"No?"

"Let me know if you see anything out of whack," Damon tells him and then walks away. Alaric/Klaus watches him go.

..........

Everyone is dancing. Damon is dancing with two girls. Bonnie looks at him and smiles. Elena joins her.

"I need to talk to you," Elena tells her, Bonnie nods a little and walks away with her. Damon's looking at them. Bonnie looks at him. Stefan heads over to Damon.

"Come here, come here, come here." Stefan pulls him off the dance floor. "Please tell me you didn't know that Bonnie was on a suicide mission."

"Oh, great. Jeremy told you and of course you told Elena."

"Yeah, I told her. You promised her no more secrets."

"I changed my mind."

...............

Elena and Bonnie are outside away from everyone else.

"How could you not tell me?" Elena demands.

"'Cause I knew how'd you react."

"No. No way, it's not an option." Elena argues.

"With Diana out of action, this is our only option." Bonnie counters.

"Then we'll find another way, okay? Bonnie, you're not dying to save my life."

"I have the power to save you! If I don't use it and something happens, that would kill me more."

"I can't let you," Elena argues. 

"Just answer one question...if the situation was reversed, would you do it for me?" Elena doesn't answer. "So you know why I have to."