My Queendom

She can try to turn everyone against me.

But she won't.

My cousin Queen Mary of Scotts, though known for her feminine charm, is also very reckless. It's seems as though she has decided to challenge me for my country and my throne. Her Father's Mother, was my Father's sister: Margaret Tudor, thus making her my first cousin once removed.

The only reason she can state a claim to my throne now is because I am my Father's last living heir. Though while he was alive, the King had excluded her branch of the family from the line of succession, this mere fact began to matter less. After his son, King Edward VI died, and then his beloved daughter Queen Mary I followed, I became the last legitimate heir.

Many of my people and those abroad who are Catholic still see me as illegitimate. No matter if I have the King's blood running through my veins, to them I am still the bastard daughter of the King. A product of the late Anne Boleyn's witchcraft over my father.

My dear cousin has no knowledge of how to rule. She is still a child playing dress up in a castle filled with adoring courtiers and living in luxury. She has yet to face many of the trials that I have. The ones that have made me the Queen I am today.

Though I wrote to her and said that I wished "to unite in sure amity and live with you in the knot of friendship, as we are that of nature and blood" to which the Queen of Scots declared that her intentions were "to be a good friend and neighbour to the Queen of England", somewhere out paths did not cross. The animosity between us became her downfall.

I do not claim to be perfect, in fact I have been very petty at times. But I will not say that I am the soul cause of this animosity.

I have been looked down upon for too long.

No matter what they claim,

I am the rightful heir to my father's throne.

They have taken too much from me, but they will never take...

My Queendom