8: Edmund and Annelise

"Aslan's return, Tumnus' arrest, the secret police, it's all happening because of you!" Mr

"Aslan's return, Tumnus' arrest, the secret police, it's all happening because of you!" Mr. Beaver shouts to the three children in front of him. Susan furrows her eyebrows.

"You're blaming us?" She asked. They had only been in Narnia for merely an hour or so!

"No! Not blaming. Thanking you!" Mrs. Beaver reassured the girl. Mr. Beaver rolled his eyes and placed his paws on the table, leaning in.

"There's a prophecy:

'When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone
sits at Cair Paravel in throne,
And the family of five is reunited,
the evil time will be over and done.' "

The Pevensies turned to each other in confusion.

"You know, that doesn't really rhyme." Susan pointed out. Mr. Beaver put his head on the table.

"Yeah, I know it don't, but you're kinda missin' the point!" He sighed. Peter shook his head.

"But we aren't a family of five, sir." He said. It was Lucy's turn to roll her eyes.

"Yes, we are Peter! You're forgetting Annelise."

"Lucy, no one besides you have even met her, so who knows-" Mrs. Beaver cut off the boy. She was growing tired of his excuses.

"It has long been foretold that two Sons of Adam, two Daughters of Eve, and the child of Narnia will defeat the White Witch and restore peace." Her smooth voice said.

"And you think we're the ones?" Susan asked. The beavers nodded eagerly.

"Well you'd better be, 'cause Aslan's already fitted out your army!" He said. The Pevensies gasped.

"Our army?" Lucy asked. Her voice was timid and in disbelief.

"Mum sent us away so we wouldn't get caught up in a war." Susan gripped her brother's arm tightly with pleading eyes. He nodded and turned back to the beavers.

"I think you've made a mistake. We're not heroes!" He said.

"We're from Finchley!" The beavers just looked at each other, not really knowing the meaning of the word. Susan stood and continued. "Thank you for your hospitality. But we really have to go." The beavers shot out of their seats.

"No, you can't just leave." Mr. Beaver pleaded. Lucy nodded.

"He's right. We have to help Mr. Tumnus, and Annie!" She cried. Peter sent her a sorrowful look, but stood anyway.