22: The White Stag

Lucy, Susan, Peter, and Edmund gathered together at the edge of the forest by Cair Paravel

Lucy, Susan, Peter, and Edmund gathered together at the edge of the forest by Cair Paravel. The smiles that usally graced their faces were missing, and the usually boisterous air was silent. They knelt together in the soft soil, not caring if they ruined their clothing. It had been a year since they had lost their sister.

"We miss you, Anne." Edmund whispered to the tall tree that looked over them. Lucy let out a sob as she placed her hand on the stone in front of her.

"I'm so sorry, Annie." She cried. Peter placed a hand on her shoulder and rubbed her back.

"We all are. We lost you because you sacrificed yourself protecting our land. We.. and Narnia, will never forget that." He mumbled. Susan nodded and placed a pink petalled flower in the grass.

"Who would have known it would end this way, with all this sufferring and pain. All for us." Susan quoted her sister's favorite tragic poem. A wind blew through the group, and the petals from the pink flower brushed along the siblings.

"This is not the end for you, dearest family." It said. Tears streamed down each of the Pevensies faces as they clutched each other and mourned, as they had every day since Annelise passed. Suddenly, a horn blew through the air.

"The White Stag! The White Stag has been spotted!" A voice cried. The Kings and Queens wiped their tears together and stood, walking away together. Lucy turned back to the grave one last time, looking to the sky above it. Her siblings followed.

"Take care of her, Aslan." She whispered. A roar could be heard as the four mounted their steeds, and began the chase for the stag.

A/N: i hope you all enjoyed this book! i'm not sure how proud of it i am yet lol, i guess we'll see!

much love, meg<3