21: Then There Were Four

"Your Majesties! Calormen attack ships spotted in the Eastern Sea! What are your orders?" A faun came hurtling into the throne room where all the royals sat

"Your Majesties! Calormen attack ships spotted in the Eastern Sea! What are your orders?" A faun came hurtling into the throne room where all the royals sat. Four pairs of eyes turned to the youngest woman, Lucy. She stood from her throne and cleared her throat.

"Prepare the army. There is no alliance with the Calormen, they will attack." She spoke confidently. The faun nodded once and rushed out. "Annelise, will you alert dryads and tree spirits? Whether they decide to join us or hide, they should be warned." Annelise nodded and walked briskly from the room, smiling proudly at how well her youngest sister has taken on the role of leadership. Queen Lucy then turned to her other siblings. "Susan, alert the archers. If you will, stay with them. Edmund, I'd like you to be with the swordsmen. Peter, you and I will lead whatever this is going to be. Perhaps we can get out of this without bloodshed." The royal siblings nodded and dispersed, readying themsleves for another battle.

Once they were armoured up and the army was waiting, the Narnian rulers stood at the egde of Beruna, watching the seas. Annelise rushed up to her siblings, out of breath and still tightening her armour.

"The dryads have spotted Prince Rabadash on the ship. I assume he's attempting to conquer Anvard, and take Su with him as well." Susan rolled her eyes and shuddered at this.

"How many times must we decline his marriage proposal?" Edmund groaned. Peter and Lucy grinned. Prince Cor suddenly joined the group.

"I'm ready." He said. The armour he had attached to himself was loose and unfit, and the sword he was carrying was clearly too heavy. Annelise and Susan rolled ther eyes.

"No, Cor. We've already told you that you are not prepared for battle. Go back inside with your brother." Susan spoke. Cor shok his head defiantly.

"I want to help! Father gets to! And Corin has no interest in these things." He begged. Four Pevensies turned to look at an aggrivated Annelise, who sighed deeply. Everyone knew that Cor listens to Annelise.

"I'm bringing you back to King Lune myself, Cor. And if I hear a single complaint for you I'll knock you with my staff." She spoke clearly, gripping the small boy's shoulder. Cor pouted, but walked with the Queen silently. Annelise turned back to her siblings after a couple of feet. "Be safe, you all. I'll defend the Western side with King Lune, just in case." She said. Susan, Lucy, and Peter all nodded with loving looks. Edmund stepped forward and gripped his sister tightly. The two had grown especially close, and his worry practically radiated off of Edmund.

"You be safe as well, Anne." He said. Annelise put a loving hand on his cheek with a smile and nodded, hurriedly taking the small teen off of the battlefield. Edmund rejoined his other siblings. They stood together as the regiments of armoured men began to stream off of the boats.

Annelise and Cor walked briskly through the castle, hoping to reach the other side and Cor's father before the Calormen arrived on shore. They finally reached King Lune and Corin, who stood together with worried looks. They instantly melted into relief when they spotted Cor and Annelise.

"Many thanks to you, Queen Anne." King Lune bowed slighty before turning back to his son. "As for you, we will speak later. You and your brother go find shelter. Now!" The twins took off quickly, their blonde hair blowing in the wind. Annelise smiled to King Lune kindly.

"And many thanks to you, King Lune. My siblings and I very much appreciate the assistance of Archenland in these times." She spoke. King Lune took her thin hand in his large and wrinkled ones and smiled. Suddenly, the ground shook.

"What in Aslan's mane was that!?" King Lune shouted. Annelise ran forward, weaving through the worried soldiers. Before her sat a giant rock, recently buried into their fresh Narnian soil. She gasped and hurried back towards the elderly king.

"They're somehow launching boulders onto our land, from the ships. I'll bring a party towards the boats to hold them off. Stay here and protect the castle. It's Anvard that Rabadash wants, but I don't doubt that he'll plow down anything in his way." Annelise spoke. King Lune nodded and began to order his regiments. Annelise gathered a group of men and ran eastward, towards the beaches. She met with Susan and Peter.

"They're launching boulders at the castle!" Annelise shouted over the noise. Peter and Susan looked at each other in bewilderment.

"How?" Peter asked. Annelise shook her head, and Peter ran a hand through his hair. "All right, lets join these two regiements, and attack from the south side of the ships. Susan, update Edmund and Lucy. Annelise and I will lead." Susan nodded and gripped the arm of her sister, sending a look to the woman. She nodded with a tight smile. Peter and Annelise nodded to each other before charging with their army, each group racing towards each other. Peter smiled as he felt the familiar rush of battle, and swung his sword at the apposing army. Annelise fought bravely by his side. Soon enough, they had separated, but each knew that their sibling was safe. Until the earth shook again.

Four siblings, rulers of Narnia, Kings and Queens, fought to the end. They took advantage of each of their talents, and came out victorious. They nearly laughed as they watched the Calormen ship retreat, a brooding Prince Rabadash on deck. He had surrendered after only three days of war, and the Pevensies knew that Narnia was safe from his wrath. Lucy furrowed her eyebrows and turned to her siblings. "Where's Annelise?" She spoke.

A bloodcurling scream ran through the air. Cor.

A/N: because i just love to kill off my characters and make myself cry