13: Together Again

Each Pevensie emerged from their tent with tired eyes, the last of sleep leaving their body slowly

Each Pevensie emerged from their tent with tired eyes, the last of sleep leaving their body slowly. Peter comes out first, and he is greeted by a nod from Oreius, who looks to the hill that Peter and Aslan had spoken on. The boy followed his gaze, and his heart soared at the sight of his brother's silhouette standing across from Aslan's, deep in conversation. Susan and Lucy soon emerge from their tent as well and follow Peter's gaze. Lucy squeals.

"Edmund!" She shouts, beginning to make her way over to her brother. Peter holds an arm in front of the small girl, stopping her in her tracks. She looks at him in confusion, but he just looks to the lion and the boy, who were now looking down at the group. Aslan nodded to Edmund, and the two began to descend the hill. The three siblings waited patiently.

"What's done is done. There is no need to speak to Edmund about what is past." Aslan nodded to the four reunited siblings, then walked away with a small smile.

"Hello." Edmund finally spoke. Within a heart beat, Lucy had her frail arms wrapped tightly around his waist. The raven haired boy couldn't help the grin that spread across his face and he returned the hold, nestling his cheek into the brunette hair. Susan quickly pulled her brother into a hug as well, just as soon as Lucy let go.

"How are you feeling?" She asked with a small smile. Edmund shrugged and stuffed his hands back in his pockets.

"A bit tired." He said sheepishly. Peter, speaking for the first time, nodded his head towards the tent.

"Get some sleep." He said. The small smile on Edmund's face fell, and he nodded softly. He began to trudge to the tent behind his siblings while Susan and Lucy gave their brother a look. He sighed and turned back. "And Ed," This stopped the boy in his tracks, he looked over his shoulder. "Try not to wander off." Peter laughed. Edmund smirked, his busted lip cracking a bit. He nodded and started walking again, feeling happy to be home.

Once Edmund had gotten his rest, he emerged from the tent in new Narnian clothes. Lucy smiled at him as he plopped himself down across from her and started shoveling the toasted bread in front of him into his mouth.

"Narnia's not going to run out of toast, Ed." She teased. Edmund smiled at her as he washed the bread down with his water. Peter pushed off the rock he was leaning against and spoke.

"I'm sure they'll pack something up for the journey back." This turned the head of all three siblings, eyes wide.

"We're going home?" Susan said. Peter nodded and sat next to his brother.

"You all are. I promised Mum I'd keep you three safe. But it doesn't mean I can't stay behind and help." He shrugged, reaching for a biscuit. Lucy dropped her fork as she sat up straighter.

"But they need us. All four of us!" She pleaded. Peter shook his head and ran a hand through his hair.

"Lucy, it's too dangerous. You almost drowned! Edmund was almost killed!" He argued.

"Which is why we have to stay." Edmund spoke. Peter's head whipped to his, and for the first time, he saw the change that Narnia had on his brother. "I've seen what the White Witch can do. And I've helped her do it. It's my fault that Annelise...We can't leave these people behind to suffer for it, Peter. I won't leave our sister here." Lucy smiled brightly and put a reassuring hand on Edmund's, who barely mustered a smile at her. Susan sighed and brushed the crumbs off of her lap, then stood.

"Well, I guess that's it then." She said. Peter looked up at her in confusion.

"Where are you going?" He asked. Susan smiled at him as she picked up her bow.

"To get in some practice. I'd like to meet this sister of ours."