synopsis & forewarning

The Second Wizarding War had stretched on for too long

The Second Wizarding War had stretched on for too long. Harry Potter and Hermione Granger were already tired of everything and wanted to find any means to escape this hellhole they called reality. The-Boy-Who-Lived stumbled upon a dubious potion which promised their salvation, but Hermione was reluctant to brew. After a series of horrifying events that prompted her to take the potion alone, Hermione woke up and discovered she was born as another person, bearing a different name. Suddenly thrown in a time when the Marauders and Lily Evans lived, Hermione struggled to keep her head down and continue with her life as a normal witch.

But fate had other plans.

Entangled deeply with the lives of important people who paved the way into the future she had always known, Hermione found herself unable to break free and turn a blind eye. The threat of the First Wizarding War loomed heavily on their shoulders, and along the way, as Hermione changed the course of the future, she made heroes out of the usual villains.

___

Story Warnings:
Depictions and Implied Domestic/Child Abuse, Depictions and Implied Violence, Underage Drinking, Persistent Cussing, Eventual Sexual Content, Alternate Universe where some characters, mainly Hermione, may sometimes act OOC. Hermione in this story had been through so much (read: a long, hopeless, and arduous war). Even heroes get tired.

Fair warning that this story might frustrate you very much. If you find yourself annoyed beyond reason and unable to continue reading anymore, quietly leave without being rude. This story was concocted purely for my own self-indulgence due to the fact that I'm still unable to find a story like this one. In short, I did this for myself and am freely sharing this to all of you. So, thank you very much if you actually enjoyed this story despite how monstrous everything will be! The world today is a very stressful place so I'm hoping this can at least provide some comfort and entertainment, however meager it may be.

Grammatical errors are also purely my fault. English is not my first language but I try my best!

Main Pairing:
James Potter x Hermione Granger (very slow burn)

Rating:
M