chapter eight

Kenma's POV:

I woke up to the sight of Kuroo digging through a bag i didn't even realise he had brought.

"Kuro~" I yawned, "What are you doing?"

I heard him chuckle, "I'm getting ready for school of course. So should you."

It hit me that we did actually have school today and i was still laying in bed.

I checked my phone for the time, It was still really early, earlier than I would usually wake up. I also noticed the few notifications.

'5 miss calls from Kuro <3, 1:03am'

Of course..

'2 new messages from mom'

I clicked onto my moms messages;

Mom

Mom:

You'll be explaining to me latter why Kuroo was in you bed. I'll be home later than usual so help yourself to some food.

*Image attachment*

Thought you'd like to have this photo, cuties.

~

Shit. Of course, my mom once caught be sneaking out to see Kuroo. So since then she always checks i'm in before she leaves for work.

I clicked onto the 'image attachment'.

~

~

My eyes widen and a small gasp escaped my mouth.

"You alright?" I heard Kuroo ask, I immediately hid my phone.

"What, yeah. I'm fine." I ignored the weird look Kuro gave me, picking my phone back up to quickly save the picture and text my mom back.

~

Kenma:

Mom!!

~

She replied within seconds.

~

Mom:

Whatt, you guys look so cute! I had to take a photo!! You can show it to your future kids!;)

Kenma:
Shut up! Do NOT send that anywhere!

Mom:

I wont, I promise.

I'll see you later sweety.

~

I left her last message on delivered and started getting ready for school.

~

We walked to school together of course talking about random things like volleyball, games, for some reason Kuroo brought up the subject of 'what if cats had wings'.

As soon as we arrived at school, the first thing I did was navigate Akaashi. He was in the gym talking to Bokuto. I saw they were in mid conversation but that didn't stop me from grabbing onto Akaashi's arm, dragging him out the gym leaving a very confused Kuroo and Bokuto behind.

"Okay, um.. hi!" Akaashi sarcastically said, with obvious annoyance in is tone.

"Sorry, I had to tell you something, like.. immediately."

"Alright, what's up."

I told him how Kuroo came to mine last night, or this morning. Whichever. I told him about how he laid down next to me, how he wrapped his arm around me and buried his face in my back.

"Woah, okay. Wasn't expecting that." Akaashi laughed, completely stunned. "Maybe he's finally realised he likes you. I mean he has been acting a lot more.. what's the word.. affectionate? Ever since he told you he was taking a break from girls."

"I- He.. might be lonely..?" I said in a more questioning tone, not believing that Kuroo could have any romantic feelings towards me at all. "I don't know okay! But he doesn't like me Akaashi."

"Yeah? And how do you know that?"

"Because.. well.. he just broke up with his girlfriend." I paused for a minuet, I got no reaction from Akaashi, clearly he wasn't satisfied with my answer. "Because." I said in a more confident tone. "Because, even if he did want to be with me, I'd probably just be exactly like one of his girlfriends. A fuck over. And that's only if. If." I made sure to repeat the key word. I made my point with a confident yet sad tone and expression.

Akaashi looked stunned, almost upset. "Kenma.." He started, his voice soft and calming. "Kenma, you've known Kuroo for ten years. Do you really think he'd fuck you over like that?"
I remained silent. He wouldn't hurt me. I know he wouldn't. Not on purpose a least. But that doesn't stop me from being terrified from being used, left and broken.

"Think about it. And come back inside, i'm sure the other two are more than confused of why you dragged me out here so.. viciously.."

"Right." I quietly agreed along with a slight nod.