chapter nine

Kenma's POV:

"Kenma! Wait up!" Kuroo called from behind. It was currently l lunch time so I was walking to the roof were Kuroo, Akaashi, Bokuto and I always ate.

"Uh, whats up Kuro?"

"Nothing." He smiled down innocently, "Just got out of class early and wanted to walk with you!"

"Kuro it's a 1 minuet walk at the most, you didn't need to wait."

"Nonsense my friend!" He said in an odd British accent, swinging an arm around my shoulder, bringing me closer to him.

I rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour and walked the rest of the way, using all my strength trying to not blush from the close public contact.

Once we had reached our destination, Akaashi and Bokuto were already there eating their lunch. Kuroo still had an arm wrapped around me, which I only knocked off after seeing a knowing look from Akaashi.

I sat down on the roof floor, opening my bag to reach for my small lunch box. Inside there was only half a sandwich and a small potion of grapes. I didn't really like eating in public, I guess it make me feel self conscious.

I started biting at my ham sandwich as everyone around me started conversations.

Bokuto and Kuroo were talking about superman, or iron man, I wasn't really paying attention. Akaashi chimed in then and there, mostly when Bokuto said something dumb. I stayed quiet, I almost always did. When we first all started eating together, I told them that it was nothing to worry about, that socializing at lunch wasn't really my thing, and they understood. Since then it's just been like this, sometimes they would make me join in, which I wasn't too bothered about, and Kuroo would check on me to see if I was doing okay if I was being too quiet.

I was lucky to have such great friends.

I knew I probably weren't they easiest person to get along with, me being anti social, not wanting to make friends. Not an open person, doesn't talk a lot. It's not exactly what you look for in a person. So having these three made me really happy, even if I didn't admit it out loud, they knew.

"Hey Kenma." My day dreams were interrupter by someone.

"Mhm?"

"Aren't you hungry, you hardly have anything to eat." Kuroo ask, concern written all over his face.

"Oh uh, don't worry about it. I'm just not that hungry." I looked up with a convincing smile. I never told anyone about me being conscious whist eating, no one really brought it up either. And I'm perfectly fine whist eating in front of Kuroo or Akaashi when we're at home or something, but not at school. So no ones really noticed my lack of eating in public. Plus I'm a pretty small guy so it doesn't look so odd to have a pretty small meal.

"Still, you need to eat more. Here." He tore his sandwich in half, giving me the one half.

"Kuro honestly. It's your food."

"Either you're eating it or nobody is. So you don't have to worry about waisting food." He said with a stern voice. As if I had no other excuses left, I took the half sandwich and started taking small bites.

Kuroo looked at me pleased before continuing with his earlier conversations with Bokuto.