chapter thirteen

[A/n: Btw, i'm not wanting to have angst, at least not a lot of it. I'm trying to stay happy, happy thoughts!:) So the angst will just be lowkey,, but hardly.]

Kenma's POV:

After I saw Kuroo and that girl it hurt. Not because I was jealous.. okay maybe I was just a little jealous... But because he lied to us, just to get away from us.

Maybe he's afraid i'll judge him if he told me he was seeing a girl after the told me he was taking a break from them.

Or maybe he just wanted to get away from me..

Either way, neither of them were pleasant thoughts. The second worse than the first.

I didn't want to get caught eavesdropping, and I just didn't really feel like stalking my bestfriend/ crush. I went back up to the roof where I unfortunately found Akaashi and Bokuto sharing a few kisses.

...Maybe more than a few.

"Ew guys, we're at school." I scoffed, enough to get both of their attention, both complete red and embaressed that I had just found them making out.

"Please, If you and Kuroo wer-" Akaashi started.

"No." I butted in before he could finish his sentence, not wanting to hear the rest anyway. "Besides, he's quite busy with some girl right now." I roll my eyes as I mention the girl Kuroo had met with only minuets ago.

"What!?" Bokuto spoke up, taking me off guard from the sudden change of volume. His eyes widen almost twice the size showing off his big yellow golden eyes in the process.

"Calm down Bokuto, why are you getting so worked up over that?" Akaashi asked after we both processed Bokuto's small sudden 'freak out'.

He's never been bothered when Kuroo got girlfriends. It's not like he had any reason to be bothered anyway. So why the sudden out burst?

"Why do you care anyway?" I asked, suspiciously. Maybe Kuro's told Bokuto something.. something that would cause news like this to make his that shocked.

"Uhhh.. I don't? I mean.. He said he's taking a break from girls.. that's it." He mumbled the last bit, looking down at his lap.

I just tried to ignore Bokuto's weird behaviour and continued with my lunch I never actually got to finish. The only thing on my mind,

'Why did he lie?'

I'll ask him later.

~

"Great practise guys!" Kuroo said to the others as he wiped sweat from his head. Everyone was now leaving the gym apart from me and Kuroo. I was in the corner, watching Kuroo drink some water out of his school water bottle.

God, how can someone be so attractive whist doing such a normal thing?

I shake the thought from my head, trying to concentrate on putting my things back into my bag after emptying it to find my own drink.

I felt Kuroo walk up to me yet I refuse to look up.

"I saw you, you know?" He spoke.

What is he even talking about?

"At lunch." He added, as if he could read my mind or something.

"Alright, and?" I knew what he meant, although I didn't want to seem like a creep, so I played dumb instead. Although I don't see the point in doing so, it's not like it's gonna last long.

Kuroo chuckles, "May I ask why you were following me?"

"May I ask why you lied?" My head turns to his, I gave him a cold glare.

He gulped, followed by a few blinks, "I uh.."

"You don't have to hide girls from me kuro, I don't care if you wanna date."

"No that's not it! I said so myself, i'm taking a break from that remember? I didn't know I was gonna run into her but I didn't want to decline her either so."

I just hummed in response. I wasn't satisfied with his answers but if I was being honest I was losing interest from how slow the conversation was going.

"Shall we?" I motioned to the door, signaling to leave.

"Oh yeah, let's go."