008

Warnings;
Graphic descriptions or pain
Extreme violence

Warnings;Graphic descriptions or painExtreme violence

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

Drowning.

You couldn't breath.

But you didn't have to.

The constant feeling of drowning but the feeling of not needing to breath was torture.

The winded feeling in your stomach.

The cold but infuriatingly dull burn in your temples.

The weight of your head.

A pressure in your chest as if some one was pulling it from the inside,

You were drowning In your own body. The hands that ever so gently raise you from the dirt was the very hand that was digging into you scalp. To throw you against the wall like a pathetic dog. Only to return to hunting the few townsfolk that stupidly stayed for the show. You sat there, staring with your eyes unblinking to the blood soaked ground. Little did you know that blood would be yours. The fire that boiled the blood in your body was extinguished. The numbing of your rage extinguished along with it. Your vision finally cleared. It was as if the ocean of tears, and blood that had made its way into your eyes parted for you to finally see clearly.

The stinging pain in your ribs almost kept you down. But you steadied your breathing. You knew either your leg or foot was broken. But you couldn't pin point the pain, due to the fact it was everywhere. The force the demon slammed you into the wall with broken your geta sandals. The small space between the teeth of your sandals had cracked, and when you took a step and your sandal made contact with the now dry blood dirt. As they collapsed in, a sharp pain up your leg. The pain the collapsing of your sandals felt like someone had stuck a long needle through every nerve in your body then ripped it back out, like someone was squeezing directly on your nerve and pulling.

You let out a pained cry, falling back and pounding your fist into the dirt. A quiet cracked whine was the only sound that was ripped out of you. Your eyes squeezing shut and your head pushing harder into the dirt. Your eyes clenching along with your jaw. Your breath was still shaking. But you steadied yourself as much as you could. The pushed your body off the ground, hissing as the pain of standing set in. You were bare foot, you remembered the tough feeling of dirt on your feet from training with Gyomei. He had taught you so much, and yet the training never seemed to prepare her for this, both of your legs were cracked In different places. And the crack you heard when you fell alerted you of more than you felt.

By the time you woke up it was even later into the night. When you finally arrived it was already dark, but you could barely see the things in your way, but you avoided the bloodied bodies and broken wood that could Risk finally incapacitating you. Everything was a blur. The shooting pain in your leg was shaking you to the core, every step felt was as if your flesh was containing broken glass.

Your sword was broken. It was the mere reason you were so injured. When your side came into contact with the wall your blade was resting in your belt, and broke skin underneath your slayer uniform. Every step felt like you were walking to your death, every stinging step, every drop of blood on the dirt that rolled down your arm only to drip off your finger.

Why me.
Why now.
It's still alive.
But am I?
Will I die?

Your hand gripped the hilt of the broken sword, the pieces of your blade shattered as if it were frail glass. The coldness of the night blowing on your cheek. The only star in the sky. Glowing ever so bright, but it looked so dull. Everything around you started to fade into black and white. The one star in the sky seemed to flash as you walk through the village. You were dwindling through numbness and overwhelmed. Your hand shaking in weakness as it tugged on the hilt. Pulling the short piece of blade that was still attached to the hilt out of your side. And dropping it to the floor.

A small vibration was picked up by your bare feet. But it was short, you couldn't tell if it was from the hilt hitting the floor or if was something you didn't want to face in the state you were in. Another, after another. It was from behind you, the small vibration from feet on the dirt sent you into a panic, your heart rate spiking. You barely turned your head when you saw a pair of eyes staring back at you.

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═