009

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

"Sweetie? Wake up for mother! I've got a present for youu!" Your eyes snapped open, the sweet sound of your mothers voice was something you only imagined in your head. But the sudden brightness made you flinch, The silhouette of a face. Long hair. It was your mother. Her soft eyes showing that she was smiling. A white Nothingness was surrounding you. The light blending the edges of your mothers body with it. "Mother?" She turned to you slightly. The signature smile she wore never failed to make your day brighter. She grasped your wrist gently and bringing it up to her nose. Her hand could wrap around your wrist and still could put a finger over another. She giggled while your finger brushed her nose. "I used to do this when you were only a newborn.." You smiled, something you've barely done. Her hair was longer than before. Her eyes were larger and more down turned. The wrinkles on her face when you saw her last were gone. She looked so much younger.

"Sweetie?" Her voice sounded more boyish this time. Not necessarily deep. But definitely boyish. Her head snapped to look behind her. Making you jump by her usually quick movement. But you had never gotten used to it. But it always made you laugh. There was a sound from behind her, like a small cluster of feet were coming your way in knee deep snow. "Doggy!!" Your mothers almost increasingly boyish tone shouted. She spun around grabbing you by the middle of your back. And sitting you in her crossed legs, rubbing an all to familiar dogs head. It's pure white fur sticking from between her slim fingers. She was beautiful, her skin softer than the slightly roughing of her fingertips when she was living her final days.

"Good boy!" Your mothers voice shouted, a small giggle coming from her as you watched the large dog. Your body started to sweat, a strange feeling, similar to a hot flash. You pulled up your Yakuta/kimono. Up to he knee, those god forsaken socks that were soaked in the snow were there. Which was strange. No snow was visible. But like a fever dream, everything seemed to morph. The white sky turned to pink, a small tint of orange forming on one side, the other a deep blue. A cold breeze blowing your mother hair in front of you. Her arms wrapped around your stomach. Her chin resting on your head. The dog was resting his head on your foot. That is, until it let out a small bark. It's goofy face resembling a smile. You jumped. Your mother laughed, hugging you tighter as she rolled back, her back directly on the snow as if she didn't care how cold it must of been.

She just didn't want you to be cold.

The dead trees surrounded the three of you. It might have been a beautiful sight when they were blossomed. But the cold air, the small mist as you took breaths, watching them disappear only for them to be replaced by new ones. You slid off your mother, smoothing turning around to see her face..

His hair was splayed out, the lightening of the ends almost blending into the snow. He was holding something, something under in his shirt, the small tuff of hair sticking out the gap in buttons on his slayer uniform. He was staring out into space, his dull eyes almost darker than before. Nichirin blade faintly held in his hand. He started to hum. His hand coming to down to the curled up child in his shirt and patting what looked was the head of it. "In the clouds?" His voice was the same very voice that was coming out your mothers mouth. You shook your head. "Oh, okay.." her voice came out of his mouth, he rolled over, behind the white dog. Poking her head out your mother smiled gently at you.

She  stood up, the dog going by her side. Snatching you up with a smile on her face. Running towards to wherever she wanted, twirling you around with the dog barking at her side. Her foot sinking into the snow, falling down the hill, pulling his head out of the snow, an unraveled face, heterochromatic eyes staring back at you. His black hair disheveled. A head of orange to red hair stuck out of the snow. And then a large smile. "Kyo!" You yelled, he was on a head over the snow. "I'm okay, but run! Run Lost kids!" He shouted, laughing while he pushed himself out of the snow, Obanai running and tucking his hands under your arms, starting to run. His mask was off. His scars visible. But so was a smile. Muichiro caught up to him. So did Kyojuro. The dog held in a boys arms. Sanemi's arms. He loved that damn dog. He loved it so much.

You plopped, except for Sanemi, he sat the dog down. Then sat down. Obanai landed on his back, kyojuro sitting cross-legged. Muichiro laying on his stomach. Looking at you, a small smile on his face. The seasons seemed to go by so quickly. The snow melting, the green grass sprouting from underneath all of you. "I promise that you'll never be lonely here. I tell you to believe, believe in me. And I'll always believe in you." Kyojuro reaches over, brushing your forehead. Blocking your vision for a spilt second. When he removed his hand.

The wooden ceiling coming into view.

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═