Her (Chapter 2)

We'd finally come back from Spring break, I went to endless parties and had multiple drinks, Some what i enjoyed myself.

I bettered myself over the break, i've lost weight and got my teeth fixed. I used to be known as nothing or a nerd but now it finally feels like i belong.

But comes better looks is more boys, boys kept making off-glances at me.. some even tried to grope me. Being pretty in this high school is like being a bone in a yard full of dogs.

I don't want to make it seem like im complaining about being "pretty", but i wanted to make myself confident and it sucks that im being objectified with it.

I ran up to my best friend Violet, with a gloomy face. She immediately took concern and asked "Whats wrong?" I looked up at her and said "He still hasn't noticed me yet." I looked back down at my feet and started to kick them around.

She pointed my chin up and looked me right in the eye "Girl your HOT, he'll take notice soon." she booped my nose then went right back to digging in her locker.

I let out a heavy sigh then put my back against the blue lockers.

"Is there a way that i can make Dylan fall for me faster?"

————-
Now you may ask "Who the fuck is Dylan?" Dylan is probably the best looking guy in our town, he has light brown hair and his body is to die for.

Every time i see him and hear him speak i melt like a popsicle under warm summer heat. Ive liked him since middle school and we barely ever talked.

He only looks at me when i have a small skirt or a revealing shirt on, and then sorta nods his head.

I just wanted him so badly, and the fact that i could barely get a grip kills me.
————

"Stuff like that comes naturally." Violet continued," You cant rush that sweetheart." I jumped as i heard the loud bell ring.
——
Violet was my only true friend, We've known each other since the "biggest party of the school history" I was severely drunk and sad that my boyfriend dumped me, she comforted me and drove me home safely. We haven't stopped talking since then, shes like my therapist. Id be dead without her.
—-
I sat through the many classes, English, history, Math, science, health, physics.. and lastly gym.

I was on the volleyball team and i cheered for the football team during offseason, Me , Violet and the rest of my "Friends" always get together on the outside court and play a few rounds of volleyball, sometimes we would gossip about the scandalous things happening in our school.

The court was kind of our "Spot".

I had put all of my textbooks in my locker and was walking down the hallway to the court, the hallway was practically cleared as everyone was doing sports or curricular.

i though my gym bag over my shoulder, heading towards the back doors, then i saw Dylan turn the corner.

I started to panic, i didn't know whether to run away or say something, I sped up my walking pace  until i saw him look up from his phone.

His face brightened when he saw me, he stopped dead in his tracks, i looked down and blushed "Hey Y/n!" He walked closer to my frozen body.

"I was thinking.." he subtly bit his lip while looking down at me, i felt the butterflies in my stomach as he stooped down to my level. "Maybe we should hang out sometime?" he gave me a cheeky smirk.

I trembled as i felt him put a strand of my hair behind my ear, my face was as red as a tomato.

"Sure that would be great." i murmured back to him, getting lost in his blue eyes.

He nodded at me then handed me his number, Dylan got up and continued to walk to his destination. I felt a shiver run down my spine as i tried to process what just happened.

I ran all the way to the court, i wanted to tell my friends exactly what just happened to me.

When i got to the court Violet ran up to me "Why'd you take so long." I was struggling to catch my breath, "Well-" breath "I" breath.

"Well you what?" Violet grew impatient as i was still coughing and struggling to breath, but once i caught my breath i let the words roll off my tongue.

"Dylanjustaskedmeoutandihavehisnumber." I say to her excitedly, it took her a second to process the words because she's dyslexic but she got it.

Violet jumped and squealed with me, i can tell she was happy i finally got the guy i was complaining about never getting.

All the other girls looked at us confused, then Violet told her what we were screaming about and they joined in on the fiesta.

After we were done squealing i picked up the blue volleyball and held it up suggestively, "Who's up for some volleyball?!" They all yelped happily.

We played an intense and close game, Violet ended up hitting the ball way to hard that it went over the fence.

"Ill get it." I volunteered, i ran up to the metal fence and called a boy, he seemed confused where the voice came from.

I called again.

He turned to me and he stared at me with a dazed face, never responded to me. I could see drool forming at the ends of his mouth which was disgusting.

I waved at him kind of annoyed, he stopped staring then threw the ball back over the metal fence.

"Wait.." The strange boy called, i turned back to him and groaned irritated "Yea?" he looked down and mumbled "Can i have your number?" His face became a mild red and he gave me a weird smile.

"No thanks.." I reject in the kindest way possible, then walked back to Violet.. Who was giving me a frightened look.

"Whats wrong?" I said to her, i turned back to the man and saw how he was still staring, but this time with hurt in his eyes. His look switched from hurt to perplexed when he spotted Violet.

He soon walked away from the court gates, I looked at Violet "Do you know him?" i questioned, "Thats Vinnie", " We used to date." ,"We broke up when he slapped me for no reason, He's psychotic."She whispered into my ear as i continued to watch him walk further into the distance.

"Ive never heard of him before.." i say, "Lets continue."

1 hour later

I waved goodbye to all of the other girls, me and violet live pretty close to each other so we always walked home together.

"Are you gonna call Dylan when you go home?" she said, I nodded "What do i say?", "What if we face time what do i wear?" I said nervously, when im nervous i start to pop my knuckles.

"Calm down." She said in a comforting tone, "Its all gonna be fine."

We walked up to her home and she hugged me goodbye, i watched her walk inside. I continued to walk to my house, twirling and dancing a bit. "I got his number!" I yelled excitedly.

When i got home i changed into some comfy clothes began to wind down, Atleast i tried to wind down.

I was really trying to gather the courage to call him.

I paced back in forth in my room, My phone sat up on 2 textbooks, i looked at my phone nervously hoping that he would call, starting to pop my knuckles and over think,  Then i got his call. I felt a huge smile form on my face as i ran to my chair and clicked accept.

We talked for hours, i let him in on dirty secrets and everything, never in my life did i know the most popular guy in school was so easy to talk too.

"I gotta go." I said bummed out but super tired, He agreed that he was getting sleepy aswell. I waved goodbye then pressed end.

I took a deep sigh, releasing all of my stress and worries about the call , then excitedly spun around in my chair.

A/n
Queen of awful cliffhangers goes to meeeee😻