ONE

( 5 YEARS BEFORE )

MOVING LIKE RIBBONS in the wind, they were timeless. elegance at its finest and pain in its true form; they were children of passion and admirers of agony. they float and twist weightlessly across the room, poised and balanced like they were made of silk. they swept their feet so elegantly over the linoleum floor of the stage, as they moved slowly through the fog like impossible silhouettes, tumbling more like fall leaves than human forms. it was ballet, but not in traditional attire; instead each body was clad only in charcoal grey. with the music they cast a sense of unease, a tension in the audience, a craving for the faster movements to come.

the audience was unusually loud today. loud painful sobs and screams could be heard. they sang, as they felt every emotion of the word inside seep to their bones. namjoon's eyes were already red, jeongguk, jimin, and taehyung were crying, they were crying like kids when they are sent to school for the first time and their mom leaves their hand. as if she won't come back. hoseok went forward singing as he engulfed everyone in a deep, painful hug as suga was trying hard not to cry but his hands said the opposite. they were shaking and mic had fallen from his hands for the times.

their shoulders were slumped and eyes cast down in a mournful gaze. his mouth was set in a semi-pout. they aligned all seven of their mics together as they replayed the most beautiful moments of those seven years 2013-2020 to bangtan. they'd never live it down.

seokjin watched everyone, everything in silence, his lips in a thin line. he felt suffocated. the audience from the stage looked like a purple ocean, everyone waving their purple light sticks, difference was it was filled with mixed feelings of sadness and happiness. he let the tears flow down his cheeks as all the other members sang spring day holding each other's hands.

the purple lights blinded his vision for a split second, yet his mind was clouded with grey. yesterday was fun, but today was the day he dreaded. his mood ricocheted between low and lower.

they weren't made of steel, it wasn't their song, but their heart. everyone was sad. namjoon, he felt guilty. he was bottling up so many emotions in him, he felt drained. he couldn't anymore. he grabs seokjin's shoulder and leans on it for support as he gasps for breath, seokjin rubs his back soothingly as the members wipe away their tears and say their final words.

"so" namjoon said, stopping to take a deep breath. he let it all out in one sigh, watching it float off like smoke in the cold air. he turned back to the purple ocean in front of him, swallowing hard. "i guess... i guess this is..." he didn't want to say it. "goodbye"

and that day, they saw each other for the last time.