육 (6)

"You're an idiot."

Seungkwan said for the nth time, still in utter disbelief of what his best friend did.

Jeonghan lets out a frustrated sigh and slammed the locker shut. The sound echoing in the now empty room. Seungkwan leaned against the doorway with arms crossed against his chest, silently watching as his best friend gathers his stuff while also stomping around with a look of annoyance on his face.

"I mean I know you can be stupidly blunt but you could've spared the man. He looks so tired and sad, and not to mention stressed. You saying things like that isn't exactly helping. You just made things worse, do you realize that?"

Seungkwan continued to rant, completely unaware that his friend has stop what he was doing nor the glare Jeonghan was giving him. He ranted and ranted until Jeonghan couldn't take it anymore and he finally exploded.

"I know I'm wrong okay! What I said was wrong! What I did was wrong! Just everything about me is wrong! But I didn't mean it! I didn't mean to hurt him! Not again." And Jeonghan collapse on his chair, head trap between his head.

"I didn't mean to hurt him again."

Seungkwan just stood there, for the first time he was rendered speechless. He stared at his friend and felt the guilt slowly set in. He didn't mean to go that far. He thought he was just giving his friend a harmless lecture but he sees now how far from harmless it was.

"I........I just said what I thought was the right thing to say. I really though I was helping but I only ended up hurting him. Again." Jeonghan felt annoyed, frustrated, angered, but most of all he felt stupid.

The hurt on Seungcheol's face flashed into his mind and he felt a pang in his heart. It was the same look he had the day they decided to end their relationship. If anything, he look  more hurt now than before.

After what he said, those insensitive words, Seungcheol just stood there. He just stood there but the look on his face killed Jeonghan. There was hurt, there was pain, but most of all, there was betrayal. Jeonghan wanted to take his words back but Seungcheol did not give him a chance to.

So Jeonghan could only stand there and watch as Seungcheol left his side. Again. It was like the day of the break up all over again. Where Jeonghan couldn't do anything but stand there and watch as Seungcheol walked out of the room, and out of his life. 

Seungcheol went to where Chan was happily playing, lifts the child into his arms and started walking away. The child did not show any protest at all and let his father take him away. Vernon saw what happened and tried to stop Seungcheol, to talk him out of it but his actions were fruitless.

With Seungcheol and Chan gone, the rest of the day went on painfully slow. Vernon also left to follow the father and son duo with a promise to Seungkwan to keep him updated. Seungkwan, after his boyfriend left, confronted Jeonghan about what happened. Jeonghan told him of course but Seungkwan didn't say anything afterwards.

Soon the children were picked up by their parents and the staffs have left. When it was only just the two of them left that Seungkwan finally decided to say something which lead to Jeonghan's outburst and to the current dilemma.

"I want to apologize to him, tell him that I didn't mean any of it, but I don't know how. Should I call him or just go to the place where he works? But then I don't even have his number anymore and there are hundreds of police stations in Seoul, how would I know which one does he work at? Would he even want to talk to me? Let alone accept my apology? I'm confuse Kwannie. What should I do?"

Seungkwan stared at his friend for a moment before letting out a sigh. He entered the room, picked up Jeonghan's jacket from the floor then placed it on the table. He then takes both of Jeonghan's hands into his and pulled his friend up to his feet.