십이 (12)

Seungcheol arrived at the hospital with Baekho and Officer Cha in tow. At the lobby, they were immediately greeted by a police officer who gave a salute at Seungcheol before leading the way to where the hostage victims were.

Seungcheol instantly noticed that they were going to the opposite direction of where the psychiatric ward was and immediately a sinking feeling came over him when they started walking down the emergency hall. Seungcheol tried not to think of anything negative and quietly followed behind the officer.

Soon they stopped in front of a room and sitting on the waiting chairs by the said room was Mingyu who was staring blankly at the wall in front of him. The officer cleared his throat, successfully startling and snapping Mingyu out of it.

"Hyung!" Mingyu hurriedly got out of his seat and tackled the older in a hug. His actions only igniting the worry in Seungcheol, who tried not to show it and gave his friend a pat on the back.

They pulled away from the hug where Seungcheol could see the anxiety written all over the tall man's face.

"Teacher Yoon and Teacher Boo are still in the emergency. They were both in bad shape when they were brought in. They find out Teacher Boo has been unconscious for hours now and Teacher Yoon had a gunshot wound." Mingyu reported, the older was still his superior after all.

"And Wonwoo? How's he? Have you seen him?" Seungcheol asked, his own anxiety spiking up upon hearing what happened to Jeonghan. He pushed it aside for now and watched as Mingyu began pacing back and forth, showing just how anxious he really was.

"No, they won't let me see him yet. He's still inside getting checked by the doctors. They said he inhaled too much smoke and that he was badly beaten. There were bruises all over him! Hyung! They touched my Wonwoo! They f*cking dared lay a finger on him! I swear, If I ever see them again, I will not hesitate to end them!"

And just like that, Mingyu went from being anxious to looking murderous in a snap. His threats were not to be considered empty nor to be taken lightly. He really would not hesitate at all and Seungcheol knew the tall man would not stop until he gets justice for what happened to his beloved fiancé.

Wonwoo is Mingyu's life, and vice versa. One cannot simply live without the other. They are like one half of a whole, they complete each other. Their personalities are completely opposites but they compliment each other perfectly. They were perfect for each other and Seungcheol has never seen someone so in love like those two.

It almost reminds him of a certain someone that he also loved dearly and up until now still holds a special place in his heart. Seungcheol learned a alot about love because of him, but also because of him, he learned a kind of pain that time cannot simply heal.

It took a while before Mingyu has finally calmed down. They made him sat down on the waiting chairs and Baekho handed him a bottled water from the vending machine just down the hall.

"The suspects has been brought to custody and are currently locked away in our holding cells. They will be interrogated first thing tomorrow." Seungcheol told the other.

Mingyu warily eyed the older, "And you're telling me this because...?"

"Because I want you to be there." Seungcheol smirked as the tall man stared back at him disbelief.

The older lets out a chuckle and shakes his head, but before he could speak another word, the officer called his attention and asked for a private talk.

Seungcheol excused himself from the group and went with the officer. Baekho also excused himself and rushed to the bathroom, his phone ringing from his pocket. While Seungcheol and the other officer talked from a distance, Officer Cha takes a seat next to Mingyu.