십사 (14)

After leaving Minhyun's room, Seungcheol decided to check on his officers whom he has assigned to stand guard for the night. He started making his to the emergency hall and as he walks down the hallway, he spotted a familiar caucasian male by the vending machines.

He was just standing there, mindlessly staring at the machine with a troubled look on his face and he was too lost in his thoughts to notice Seungcheol approaching him until the man stop next to him. The vending machine dinged and a soda can pops out. Seungcheol takes the soda can and opens it, the fizzing sound of cola  snaps the caucasian male out of his thoughts.

"Yah that was my soda. This hyung seriously." The caucasian male whined, annoyed for having lost a good can of soda.

Seungcheol only chuckled, enjoying the soda but not as much as enjoying teasing the younger. He soon finishes drinking and throws the empty can into the trash bin. He takes his wallet out and gave the younger a couple thousand won. The younger happily accepted the money and bought himself another can of soda.

After the soda popped out of the machine, the two started walking down the hallway together to the direction of the emergency hall. Silence falls between them. Vernon soon finishes the drink and is now mindlessly playing with the can.

Seungcheol sighed next to him, shoving his hands into his pockets. Vernon glanced at the older and he could see nothing but exhaustion written all over the older's features. It has been a tough and tiring day for everyone. Seungcheol looks like he's about to drop dead on his feet and Vernon can't help but feel pity towards the older. It must be hard and tiring being a group leader.

Just imagine the physical and mental efforts Seungcheol has to put in into becoming the reliable trustworthy leader that he is. Vernon can only describe Seungcheol as someone who is strict and serious, but at the same time really caring and sensitive to his team. Seungcheol's leadership knows no bounderies. It will always be his teammates first before anyone or anything else. Vernon admires him for that.

"By the way hyung, the station called to congratulate the team for another job well done. Specially you hyung, I mean you did lead us with your awesome leadership skills. Without you, our dear leader, the team would be like headless chickens running around the field."

Vernon's words earned a chuckle from Seungcheol who could only shake his head at his best friend's antics. No matter the place or time, Vernon never fails to be his weird but cute vibing self. Seungcheol could not ask for a better best friend.

Vernon had an identical smile on his face which later on disappeared as he turns to the older with a serious look on his face, "But seriously hyung, the team would be so lost without you. So thank you."

The younger's words made the older stop walking and turns to him with a confused look on his face, but deep inside he felt his heart warmed up as he could see how sincere the younger is and another smile finds its way to his lips, "But what are you thanking me for?"

Vernon also stops walking and now stood in front of the older, a gentle smile on his face as he stared straight at the older with nothing but sincerity in his eyes, and in his words, "I'm thanking you for many things. But most of all, I'm thanking you for being being the best leader and a friend, and a big brother, to me. I love you big bro."

Vernon is that type of person who doesn't casually say I love you to anyone, or just in general, for that matter. Because he feels like, saying those words too often would lessen the actual meaning of said words. So for him to say those words now to Seungcheol, gives a different impact. It actually sounds more genuine that way.

Seungcheol pulled the younger on a one arm hug then suddenly playfully putting him into a headlock, earning a laugh from the younger. "Yah, who told you to suddenly go sappy on me. You piece of sh*t. Do you plan to melt me into a puddle of uwus? Huh?"