35. Better the communication

Beam moved his right hand and covered his eyes from the brightness which was disturbing his peaceful slumber. He slowly parted his fingers and peeked through the gap. The sunlight through the balcony door blinded his eyes making him groan in frustration. He closed his eyes and tried to go back to sleep when he realized that his curtain color was red and not grey.

        Beam's eyelids flew open remembering where he was. He blinked off the sleepiness from his eyes and looked at the empty bed near him. He bolted up on the bed in panic ignoring the surging pain in his body. He gripped on the bedsheet feeling scared to look behind him when he heard a soft rustle.

      "Hey! Good morning!"

      Beam closed his eyes in relief hearing Forth's soft voice near his left ear from behind. He felt Forth's one had wrap around his neck and another hand slide across his waist pulling him behind carefully. He felt himself being lifted off the bed and made to sit on two sturdy and strong thighs.

      "I was making coffee for us", Forth explained hugging Beam around his waist.

       Beam nodded silently and Forth placed a soft kiss on his forehead. Beam raised his eyes timidly to meet Forth's worried eyes.

       "If I stay on the bed next to you when you wake up, will that make you smile?", Forth asked caressing his thumb over Beam's bare back.

       Beam nodded again observing Forth's face carefully.

      "And If I add an 'I love you' to the 'Good Morning', will it make you talk?", Forth asked with a sweet smile.

       Beam let out a faint smile and nodded again.

       "I love you, Beam", Forth whispered dropping a soft peck on Beam's lips.

        Beam heaved a sigh and rested his face against Forth's shoulder wrapping his arms around Forth's neck.

       "I love you too", Beam mumbled softly.

       "Can't hear you", Forth said nudging Beam's waist.

       "I said, I love you too", Beam said with a slightly raised voice.

      "Can you say that by looking at my face?", Forth demanded poking Beam's waist again.

      Beam pulled away from Forth with a wide smile, "I love you too, stupid!", he chuckled.

     "Better! But make sure that last night was the last time you yelled 'I love you' to someone else", Forth said with an annoyed look.

       Beam raised his eyebrows in confusion when he remembered yelling 'I love you' to Phana at the auditorium the previous night.

      "And what was that? Basket full of roses? Everyone would have thought that you were proposing Pha!", Forth said with a pout.

      "Is that why you kissed me in front of everyone?", Beam asked in surprise.

       "I would have still kissed you otherwise", Forth grumbled, "Too many had their eyes set on you as soon as you came running with roses and to top it all, you had to give it to Pha! A handsome guy!", Forth exclaimed in irritation.