Chapter One : Hello

(A/N : I'm sorry for how long it is. It was originally written in Google Docs, so please leave criticisms or grammar mistakes in the comments.)

MABEL'S POV

     "Just one date, please darling."

     "I told you no. And stop calling me that," I hissed, swimming away from the shore. The little gnome grumbled, tears threatening to fall. I rolled my eyes and sank further in the pond. He ran off into the woods, making me sigh out of relief.

     "Come on out. It's safe now." I crawled back up onto the little rocky outcropping I used for stuff I couldn't do underwater. A small splash followed by ripples spreading across the water's surface revealed my brother. He looked almost exactly like me ; light brown hair, fair skin, a spray of freckles on his nose, and warm amber eyes. While my hair was long and well-kept, his was fairly short and always messy. He flashed me a sheepish grin before swimming up to me.

     "Thank you," he mumbled, rubbing his shoulder. We both had scales on our shoulders and of, course, on our tails. I glanced down at my own tail. Mine was a gradient from pale pink to hot pink, with yellowish fins. I shrugged, resettling my coral necklace over my shoulders.

     "Your welcome. Though, I still don't understand why you don't want people to know it's you. I feel bad when I take the credit." He ducked his head and rubbed the nape of his neck.

     "I don't really know. I just... Knowing people know about me makes me nervous. I didn't even intend to show you. I just didn't notice you wake up." He stretched his arms up and flopped back into the water.

     "Well, OK, that makes sense. But will you sing for me a little while I sew? I convinced Stan to go buy you waterproof paper, so you can draw," I asked, giving him guppy eyes. He sighed and nodded.

     "It's the least I could do, since you've helped me for so long." He outstretched his hand, taking the paper as I handed it to him. He swam to his own rock, one he had sanded down till it was a flat surface. He started drawing.

     "What do you wanna hear?"

     I thought for a moment. "Whatever you feel like singing," I said, returning to my sewing. Stan had said humans made swimsuits out of this fabric, so I figured it would work as clothes for me and Dipper.

     It took a moment for him to begin ; I assume he was deciding what to sing. I instantly felt calmer, his magic working its way into my muscles. I wouldn't be controlled like the other creatures in these woods, since I was also a siren, but he helped me calm down and chill out when I got over excited. Dipper is my favorite person, and I will protect him with my life. I don't care if I'm magically weaker ; I'll keep him safe.

DIPPER'S POV

     I finished the song and held up my completed drawing, smiling. I looked over to Mabel, who was definitely more relaxed now. "Mabel, how's your sewing going?" I asked, drifting back over to her. She looked over and gave me a toothy grin.

     "I actually finished something for you. Here," she said, handing me a small pouch. Didn't take much sewing, but y'know," I looked away from it, wanting it to be a surprise.

     I have something for you too actually," I mumbled, blushing a little as I handed her my drawing. It was just us swimming and laughing in the pond, but I really hoped she would like it. Drawing was basically the only thing I was good at, outside of magic and singing. She smiled at me and hugged the paper to her chest.