Chapter Nine : Snack Time

MABEL'S POV

"Hey, Dipper?"

"Yeah?"

"Where are we meeting up for tomorrow?"

"Bear Creek, of course. It's where Ford and Stan would come. Bill and I are gonna go hunting, but after, we should hang out. Does that work for you?" I nodded. Everybody had met back up for a monster hunt, the demons joining us in our cheer. No new monsters, but I did find a couple of weird rock formations. Dipper found a huge metal thing with windows and a few skeletons inside, and that's how we ended the trip. Now him, Bill, Pacifica, and I were chilling out on the beach.

"That makes sense. Me and Pac are gonna go plan the party and tell everyone what time. Lunchtime sound good?"

"Perfect. I don't doubt you'll plan something awesome, Mabes. We should get going, though." We hugged and said our goodbyes. As Dipper swam over to get Bill, Pacifica came over to me. Bill met my gaze and nodded, adding a small smile and wave. I matched his actions, chuckling at Pacifca's confused expression.

"What was that about?"

"Inside joke, Ocean Eyes." I pulled her into a hug, enjoying her warmth. She settled into my arms and gently pulled me towards the river so we could head to her place to plan. Not that any planning was required, since we had already planned this party for years. "Can we cuddle when we get back? I'm tired."

"After we tell everyone the time. My place or yours?"

"Yours. It smells nicer there." She nodded and we drifted down the river. The first pond was Ethan and Tyler's. Tyler popped his head out of the water in front of us and explained Ethan had conked out.

"Lunchtime. Got it. I'll pass it along. Bye, girls." He flashed the smallest grin before ducking back inside.

"OK. Buh-bye." Next up was Mandie and Simon. They had been snuggled up together snacking on fish. They agreed to the time and said goodbye to us. "Cuddle time!" I said. She let out a giggle as we ducked into her pond. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her onto the bed. She gave a content sigh.

"Sleep. I'll wake you up when it's time to head out."

"OK."

BILL'S POV (Haha, gotcha bitch!)

"Bill, why are you leaving tomorrow?"

"I have to see if my college applications were accepted. They're really important." I could feel a question swirling in his mind, but since his powers had started manifesting, he had learned how to hide them. "Ask your question. I can tell it's bothering you." He nibbled his bottom lip nervously as we sat on the beach sharing a pile of clams.

"I don't wanna be a bother,but would it be possible for me to come with you..? I'm sorry. It was a dumb question, ignore me." He frowned and pulled his tail up to hide his face.

"Stop that. It's a perfectly reasonable thing to ask. And as it stands, yes. If you want to." I almost started crying from the amount of regret he had been feeling. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the water. He wrapped himself around me, my hand finding its way to hold his head up. He hummed quietly as I rubbed my thumb in circles on a patch of his scales.

"Wouldn't money be an issue? Or my family? Or Ash?"

Well, let's see. I have plenty of money considering my wage is higher since I was the king of my school for a full four years. Ash actually is moving to live with Eryn soon, once Eryn and her find a place to live. As for your family... I don't know. He stayed silent for a moment.