Chapter Four : Sleepy Chats

(A/N : I was wondering if anyone actually read this story. I know people are seeing it, but are you actually enjoying it? I'm also asking if there is anything you want to see in future chapters? I already have up to Chapter 8 written, but I'm still going through and adding to them. Leave it in the comments. Anyways, here's the chapter.)

MABEL'S POV

     What are you hiding Dipper? I'll figure it out eventually. The girl said, slinking up behind her twin. He had his head resting in his hands, and his face held a look of complete concentration.

     "Hey Dipper!" She laughed as he tumbled backwards into the water.

     "Holy sh- crap Mabel! Don't do that!" He yelled as he pulled himself back out of the water. He actually looks mad.

     "Sorry, bro-bro. I was wondering if you wanted to join me and the others for a hunt. We're heading to the trench to look for any new monsters." Hehe. He can't resist a monster hunt! He shook his head, leaving me with a shocked expression. "What? Why not? You never miss out on monster hunts!"

     "I'm not in the mood. I went yesterday for a little while when you were hanging out with Pacifica. I didn't see anything new, and I even went deeper than usual. Plus, I didn't get much sleep last night. Tell the others I said hi, ok?" I sighed.

     "Fine. I'll tell you if we find anything. Stay safe Dip," I called over my shoulder as I left our sanctuary.

     "You too!" What are you hiding? I'm just paranoid. I should stop assuming he's lying. I hurried to the meeting spot and was greeted with smiles once I popped out of the water. Everyone was here. Well, almost.

     "Hey," Ethan said excitedly, swishing his teal tail under the surface, "where's Dipper?"

     "He said he was tired and to go without him." His dyed hair matched his tail, and with forest green eyes, he was fairly cute. But I didn't like him. Plus, he has a boyfriend.

     Speak of the devil. A solidly built, curly headed brunette swam up to hover next to Ethan. Compared to Ethan's small, wiry frame, Tyler looked like a boulder. His eyes seemed to constantly shift colors, but usually held a blue hue, like right then. I had made everybody a shirt of some sort, and everyone seemed to like them ; even stone-faced Tyler.

     He was wearing it right now. Long enough to cover where his gray tail met his chest, it was a simple white tank-top with black calligraphy on the front, spelling out "Smile," which was ironic since he didn't smile often. Ethan was wearing a black tee with a yellowish-gold smiley face in the center. I thought it'd be cute if they related to each other. Simon stopped whispering to Mandie for a moment to give me a small wave and smile. I returned the gesture, and smiled at Mandie. She did the same before turning back to Simon and talking.

     Simon was the second oldest in the group, but nobody would've guessed that. He acted just as childish as the rest of us, doing pranks and making dirty jokes, always with a genuine smile on his tan face. His medium length black hair was pulled back into a man-bun, but usually it was down ; long hair might hinder the hunt. I had my own hair pulled into twin buns, with a long strand hanging down on either side. His shirt wasn't so much a "shirt" as a vest. It was solid green and had buttons so he could close it ; it was almost always open, just like it was then. A belt with multiple pouches was secured around his waist, where his skin met the red scales of his tail.

     Mandie was the oldest. She looked like the opposite of Simon, which made the saying "opposites attract," make much more sense. While he had bright green eyes, she had brown eyes so dark, they looked almost black. Her blond hair was styled in an undercut, with just enough on top to make a small bun in the back. Her pale skin was sprinkled with freckles and a few scars, which carried on down her green tail. A few years ago, she had convinced a tattoo artist to give her a sleeve of flowers, varying from roses to dandelions, and tulips to pansies. It was faded, so eventually she would have to call the artist back to fix it. Apparently his name was Robbie. She hugged Simon as they laughed at some inside joke. She'd asked for a crop top with AC/DC on it. I never figured out what it meant.