Chapter Seven : Warming Up

(A/N : Finally, Mabel's back! Fucking finally, I know.)

MABEL'S POV

A stocky girl was sitting on the riverbank. Her messy teal hair reminded me of Ethan. I let out a surprised hiss and sank lower. I expected Bill to sing and force her away, but instead, he flipped her off.

"Not the time Ash," he sighed as he turned back to me. "Mabel, this is Ashtoni. She's basically my sister." The girl threw up a peace sign and grinned at me. I gasped. Her teeth! They're just like a siren's. Is she cursed? He turned back to her. "Where is Eryn?"

"Getting cleaned up."

"Really? Don't tell me that's the first thing you did here."

"What, no! We were wrestling and she ended up covered in berry juice."

"Excuse me, what the fuck?" They turned back to me as if they forgot I was there. "I wasn't expecting to meet anyone today, much less two people - and one of them is crushing on my fucking brother! How old even are you?" I demanded.

"I'm only nineteen! I don't look that old!" Bill pouted, crossing his arms. He went quiet for a moment. "God damn it, Pinetree." He took off back to the community area, and I followed closely behind. When I got there, I was met with Bill and Dipper wrestling, while Pacifica and Ethan cheered them on. I heard a splash behind me. I turned and was face to face with Ashtoni. Her top, which had previously been covered with an aviator jacket, had a pale blue tank top. Her legs had been replaced with a gray fish tail. She grinned at me again.

"But... You had... You're a demon, aren't you?" I sighed, stupid for not realizing it sooner. She nodded and pointed to Bill.

"So is he. And I'll let your brother explain the reason we're here, but let's just say, Bill loves him, so don't be too harsh please." She gave me another peace sign before completely disappearing. I swam over to Pacifica and Ethan. Bill and Dipper had gone underwater, making whatever they were doing blurry. I sighed, startling Pacifica.

"What's wrong Mae-Bae?"

"Give me a second." I dropped down with my eyes closed and dropped a bunch of pebbles on the boys. I pointed to the surface and shot up, hoping I'd gotten through to them. As I surfaced, I felt two sets of ripples behind me. "Ethan, you should go home. We're going to go to my place, and I don't want Tyler to worry."

"Fine. But I want the details later." he swam away after I nodded my consent. I turned to Dipper and Bill. "Come on. You two have some explaining to do. Pac, you wanna come?"

"Sure. If you're OK with me being there."

"Alright. Everybody, let's go." I heard a giggle from behind me, followed by shushing. I rolled my eyes, grabbed Pacifica's hand, and took off towards Bear Creek. Everyone was silent as we crossed from the stream into my pond. Pacifcia pulled herself onto my sun rock. I pulled myself up beside her. "You two, go sit on the shore."

"Stop bossing us around, Mabel." Dipper said, his brow furrowed. Nonetheless, he pulled Bill over to the shore and climbed up, followed by the demon. He crossed his arms, hoping I wouldn't notice that he was pressed up against Bill, who had his arm wrapped around Dipper's waist.

"Dip-dop, why'd you agree with his lie instead of telling me the truth? You know he's a demon, right? You're Bill Cipher, aren't you? Dipper, how could you ever trust him?" I could feel myself getting angry. Weren't you the one who berated me when I thought he was cool?

"Because there were other people around. And not that I have anything against Ethan of Pacifcia, but I trust you more on your own." He was pretending I didn't notice his tail was intertwined with the demon's. "And I was going to tell you anyway." Bill leaned over and whispered in Dipper's ear, who immediately nodded, blush apparent on his cheeks. Pacifica gripped my hand and rubbed her thumb in circles on the back of it.