8♡ Surprise Party

"HAPPY FUCKIN' BIRTHDAY"
Wendy screams down the phone as Rich winces, lowering his phone.

"Did you have to shout? really? did you have to?" he scolds and she clears her throat.

"No, i didn't, no" she smiles sheepishly as he puts the phone back to his ear.

They were at Rich's house preparing a birthday party for Alo.

"I'm not at the pub, Alo" Rich sighs.

"I'm at your...surprise party" he rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, happy birthday you ungrateful cunt" he smiles.

"Tell him he's scheduled to entertain the young debutante" Wendy scoffs, pulling herself onto the counter.

Rich snorts, "Yeah, Liv's got you a practice girl".

"Uhh, no i think it's retinal" Rich explains and it's Wendy's turn to snort.

"Listen mate, if there was ever a rock-solid, iron-cald, balls-in chance of you getting laid then this id definitely it, all right?" Rich convinces through the phone.

"And I've done fucking Vol-au-vents" Rich boasts proudly in his apron.

***

Music fills the house as Alo jumps on the sofa and Rich pulls him down.

Wendy smiles to herself from the kitchen, looking at the floor.

"Why don't you just talk to him?" Grace pipes up.

"Fuck, Grace" Wendy flinches, almost falling off the counter.

"Sorry, but you should know it's obvious" Grace teases excitedly, leaning on the counter.

Wendy catches her breath, "what is?" she lifts her drink.

Grace hums, "that you like Richard".

Wendy laughs, the alcohol burning her throat even more.

"i don't like Rich" she furrows her brows, offended.

Grace raises her brows silently.

"...Much" Wendy scoffs, sitting her cup down.

"Maybe a little bit but it's not---we wouldn't--" she huffs, the longer she takes to answer the harder it seems.

"It's alright to have a crush, it's perfectly normal" Grace smiles.

Wendy stares at her in thought,
how was she this chipper?

"I'm sure he likes you too, that's also pretty obvious" she laughs quietly.

Wendy looks over at Rich as Alo tries climbing on his back as they shout.

Maybe Grace was right, she didn't hate how she felt but she didn't like it either.

---