15♡ Waiting Room

Distance shouts.

Whirring of helicopter blades.

A lone buzzing and cries.

These are the sounds that surround the mangled wreckage as the police surround the jeep.

Wendy is pulled from the backseat, blood soaking her once white shirt as her red hair covers her face.

"Wendy! Hey! Is she gonna be okay? Wendy!" Rich screams as tears stain his pale cheeks, reaching out for her as police push him back.

Grace is carried from the hood of the jeep, her body bloody and bruised as she rests between the windshield, her soft curls sprawled across her face.

The two girls are quickly raised onto stretchers and placed inside ambulances.

"What do we do? We can't just leave them, and not all of us can go with them and--" Mini's lip quivers as a lump sits in her throat.

Alo quickly wraps his arm around her and she turns into him, crying.

This was all so surreal.

"Rich, you should go" Alo turns to his friend in shock.

Rich mumbles under his breath, hurrying towards the ambulance.

The EMT stops him and he lets out a shaky breath, "she's my--she's--I'm her family" he hurries inside, no matter what they told him.

Liv jumps inside Grace's ambulance, her injuries only minor.

Rich wraps his hand around Wendy's, dry blood coats her hands and he shakes.

'Wake up,
you're dreaming,
it's all wrong'
he circles around his head.

He looks at her almost transparent face, his heart drops with each spec of blood dotted across her skin as a whisper slips,
"Wake up".

***

The hospital waiting room slowly filled as everyone made their way from the beach.

Rich paces the hall, his eyes lingering on every doctor that passes him, waiting for someone to tell him something.

No one had spoken a full sentence since arriving.

That was almost 5 hours ago.

Rich looks down at his hands as they shake.

How did this happen?

No one could find Matty, he ran after the crash Liv had told them.

They were the only two left conscious.

Alo clears his throat, "Rich, sit down, mate" his words are quiet.

Rich doesn't answer,  just stares down the hallway where they took them.

No one knew anything.

They had no idea what they were waiting for, who would be okay...

They had to be okay.