chapter 18

how are we at 12k reads I- literally last time I was here we had 6k.. thank you all so much :(((. 

Your eyes move across the pages of the book, carefully reading each word. It was a peaceful Saturday afternoon, you were at your favorite cafe, studying for the upcoming exams. You were happy to be out of the hospital finally, you were sick of the food and being in bed most of the time. Although you were caught up in your work, you wished you had been there at school, it was easier to understand in person rather than notes.

You were supposed to be studying with Chan today, and you have been studying for the past three hours. But you could feel Chan's eyes on you rather than his textbook, which made your heart beat fast. You tried to stay focused as possible but he was kind of making it hard for you. After the little kiss you shared, Chan was the person who stayed with you the most in the hospital. He kept you company as you felt lonely the majority of the time, the day after the kiss he had officially asked you out. Your answer? Of course you said yes.

"y/n~..." Chan tugs on your sleeves, you tried to read the last words of the paragraphs but Chan kept tugging your sleeve.

You sigh in defeat, "yes Chan?"

"Can we pleaseee go out on a date today? You've been studying for hours, let's just study later. I want to spend time with you.." he gives you his puppy eyes. your eyes were pretty tired from all the reading, perhaps you could use a break.

"Fine, fine you win. Let's go," you smile at him.

"Yay!!" he gets up and hugs you like a little kid. You two pack up your things and head out the door.

SOME TIME LATER

"Come on..you're so close..get it.. A little to the left..yes!!" you and Chan were in the arcade at the mall, currently he was trying to get a stuffed animal for you. Chan takes the stuffed alpaca out of the box, and hands it to you.

"Thank you!! I love it, you're the best!" you hug the cute alpaca and give Chan a kiss on the cheek, he immediately blushes. You laugh, he was the most adorable person ever. After the arcade you two decide to get some ice cream together. The ice cream shop was right across the arcade so it was convenient. You ran towards the shop, you were excited, the last time you remember having ice cream was years ago.

"Hey y/n slow down, you might slip and fall!" Chan calls after you.

"I'll be okay!!!" you yell back.

Entering the ice cream shop, the scent of warm waffle cones make you hungry. Chan manages to catch up to you and stands besides you. Looking through the glass there were a large variety of flavors, you couldn't decide which one to choose.

"Which flavor do you like Chan? I haven't had ice cream in a long time, I can't choose," you ask.

"Hmm, I usually go for anything with caramel. So one caramel chocolate chip please," Chan tells the employee.

"Make that two, I want to try it too!" you smile, your heart was racing with excitement. The employee nods, and Chan pays. The employee then goes to get your ice cream.

"You're so cute when you smile, I hope I can always make you smile like this," Chan squishes your cheeks.

You pout, Chan couldn't get any cuter, gosh this boy really was the most precious person.

"You're going to put me in the hospital again, I'm going to melt because of you,"

Chan laughs, "luckily our ice cream is ready!"

So you sat with Chan near the window, talking for hours. It was like when you were together, there were endless things to talk about. After, Chan drives you home. When you arrive home, he holds the door open for you while you walk out.

"Good night, Chan thank you for today I had so much fun," you give him a hug, he was warm.

"Good night y/n," he leans in and gives you a peck on the lips. You blush, not expecting a kiss but wave goodbye.

Once inside, you see that someone was calling you. It was Haneul, you picked up.

"Hey, everything okay?" you ask her.

"yeah..I just made up my mind. I want to go to Minho's wedding next week,"

a/n :Chan is the type of boyfriend you want but can't have, isn't that lovely.