Chapter:1 Mystic Falls

Dear diary
A lot's changed since we last spoke. We all made the foolish assumption that because Voldemort is dead that the war was over. The truly loyal death eaters like Bellatrix went on a rampage against me, but instead of trying to kill me. She killed my family, my friends. Ron, Hermione, the rest of the Weasley's, Neville, Luna all gone. Even Professor McGonagall and Hagrid are gone. With the help of the Ministry all of them are now rounded up. A monument was places at Hogwarts with the figures of my closest friends myself among them. They have everyone else's names written below.
But without the people I cared for, Hogwarts was too painful to see. Hogwarts was no longer my home. Britain was no longer my home.
I fled. I fled like a coward to America where wizards and witches are not as familiar with me; they have schools like the Muggles to help them to blend in. A modernised wizarding society, then of course the wiccans who didn't know about the other race of magic walking among them.
I hoped the town of Mystic Falls would be Muggle filled where nobody would know my name.
To them I would be the Azalea Potter, the new girl from England.
I wish I could go back and change everything. But I can't. Never in my life have I felt more alone. As I move in to my new house I hope that with time I can look back at the memories I have with my loved ones and cherish them without the hole in my heart burning me. For now I will put on an act. The Muggles won't suspect my pain. Just like my friends never truly knew the torture I endured at the Dursleys.
Azalea Potter put down her red covered diary and hid it behind her pads in her dressing table draw. She skipped over to her wardrobe taking out a pair of jeans and a light buttercup yellow baggy shirt to laze around the house in tying her hair up she went down the stairs to make herself a cup of tea and breakfast, once armed with tea and toast she made her way to the sofa.
There was a knock at the door. Curious, she answered it. A girl her age, she had an olive completion, the pretty brunette with the brown eyes smiled. The woman was had auburn hair, she seemed like a cool sister.
"Hi I'm Elena and this is my Aunt Jenna," the girl said gesturing to the pale woman.
"Hi I'm Azalea," she said and gestured for them to come in.
"What a pretty name," Jenna said as they entered the warm cosy looking sitting room. Each room had been specifically decorated, her sitting room looked like a mini common room she had a red feature wall the rest a gentle cream, her mahogany floor as a contrast a furry red rug between her red sofa and glass table, her favourite pictures dotted on the walls. The largest above the fire was a large canvas with Hogwarts painted upon it. All of her personal ones were in the locked room upstairs.
"Thank you, I just go by Lea, Azalea's a mouthful."
"Wow, where did you get that?" Elena asked her, pointing at the picture above the fireplace.
"I painted it."
"Where is it, it's beautiful," Jenna asked.
"It's my boarding school in Scotland,"
"Makes me think of what I would imagine Hogwarts to look like," Elena smiled.
"I'm sorry," Azalea gasped, did they know? Where they magic? Damn, not even one day.
"You know the Harry Potter books," she said smiling. "The fourth one is coming out soon." Elena said.
"Oh yeah," what the hell was going on?
"What did you think about Scabbers being Wormtail? I got such a shock," she said.
"You and me both," Azalea grumbled to herself before smiling at her guests. "Yeah, clever how it happened." She said brightly, Jenna was no longer paying attention she was looking at the kitchen with an amused expression.
"I was a little home sick," she said blushing.
"It looks cool," Elena said. The union jack spanned across the cabinets, the remaining white kitchen has union jack tea towels, kettle, toaster and oven mit.
Biting her lip, Azalea tucked a stray piece of auburn hair behind her ear. Since the end of the war Azalea had had her hair decided it was time for a change. It was still long and straight three quarters down her back. Her fridge had been a dramatic full one in a school days, she now opted for a long side fringe the shortest piece just below her cheek bone, this was blended into her hair with the feathered effect, this allowed her to tie her hair up but still have short strands to frame her pale heart shaped face.
"Would you like a cup of tea or coffee," she asked them they smiled amused.
"I'm sorry I keep getting lost in your accent, coffee please." Jenna said.
"Me too." Elena said, the red head nodded and filled the kettle with water.
"We live next door and we thought that we would come and welcome you to Mystic Falls." Jenna said as they sat on the sofa. Azalea turned around so she could still speak to them while she waited for the kettle she loved the open plan.
"Thanks," Azalea said smiling. She heard the kettle ping informing her it was ready.
"Milk and sugar?"
"Black," Elena said.
"Milk please,"
Azalea pulled out the Bulgarian, French and Irish cups out and began pouring out the drinks.
"Here you go," she said handing Elena the Bulgarian and Jenna the French.
"Cool mugs," Elena grinned.
"Thanks, I got a flag for each nationality I have met or a country I have been too." Azalea said settling down with her own Irish flag.
"I love your accent by the way," Elena said as Azalea took a sip.
"Thanks, I like yours," she replied. "I'm guessing you've lived here your whole life?" she said curious. Elena nodded.
"Yep, my family were one of the founders of this town."
"Founder?" she asked confused, the only time she heard of founders was Hogwarts.
"They built the town." Jenna explained.
"Oh ok," Azalea said smiling at them, sipping her tea.
"Have you got your time table yet?"
"No, I need to go and collect it tomorrow." She said taking another sip.
"Are you a Harry Potter fan?" Elena gestured to the Hogwarts painting. "Do you like the books?"
"Practically lived them," she muttered taking another sip.
"I would love that life," Elena said.
"Would you?" Azalea asked curiously. "I mean his parents were murdered because someone wanted to kill him. He grew up abused by the Durlseys then he finds out he is famous, and a madman is still out there trying to kill him. Now he finds out that his best friends rat betrayed his parents and he will go to Lord Voldemort thanks to the Prophecy Trelawney told him." Then everything else.
"True,"
"And I bet it will get much worse," she grumbled looking down at her mug.
"What do you think will happen in the next book?"
"A lot of shit for Harry," she said grimly.
"Like Voldemort coming back," Elena said.
"Why don't we talk about something else," Jenna said smiling you could tell she was bored.
"Course, what kind of subjects do you do?"
"The usual, English, Math, History, Languages, Science."
"Great," she mumbled. Well at least she was forced to do Dudley and his gangs homework, so she had a general understanding. The three women continued to chat until it began to turn dark as soon as Jenna noticed this she stood up to leave.
"Sorry Lea we have to go it's getting late."
"Oh no problem, I'm glad I have allies," she teased.
"Oh Lea, tomorrow my friend Bonnie is giving me a lift to school her cars big enough for you saved gas. I doubt you have a car yet.
"In England you need to be 17, I don't know how to drive."
"It's alright we'll car pool." Elena said smiling.
"Sure that would be great thanks," she said as they stood up to leave too.
"My brother Jeremy will be wondering where we are, I will see you tomorrow at half 8," Elena said as she left the house.
"All right shall I just knock?"
"Yeah, bye," she said waving as she and Jenna entered their own home.
Azalea rushed to the fire and threw in some floo power.
"Minister for Magic office," she growled, placing her head in the emerald flames.
The bald man jumped as the Girl Who Lived suddenly appeared in his fire place.
"Azalea, how have you -?"
"Save it, I know about Harry," she said the name as though it was a curse word. Kingsley looked at her face judging how to tell her without her exploding.
"Well... We saw a Muggle who looked kind and like she needed a little help so we confounded her to think she created Harry,"
"Kingsley, you can't just..."
"Azalea, take it, people need to know you saved the world even if they believe it is only fiction... Did they really keep you in a cupboard?"
"Private," she hissed yanking her head from the fire and tumbling back into her living room. How dare they, she thought furiously as she striped off to go in the shower. They could have at least asked her first. Muttering dark plots under her breath, she turned the shower dials one for around 38 degrees the other full blast waiting a moment for it to heat up before stepping in. Allowing the warm heat to calm her, the redhead lathered the shea butter and ginger body wash on her hands, she sniffed it with a smile, lathering it in her hands...
In her grandpa shirt she examined herself critically in the mirror, thanks to nutrient potions gone was the scrawny underfed body she had become accustomed to. Now there were curves to suit her height she knew she wasn't gifted in the curves, yet, her figure was a gentle hourglass. Unfortunately no potion could reverse the damage to her growth though she was not tiny she knew she would have been a few inches taller than her 5 foot 3 and three quarters. Being around the Weasleys and Hermione all taller than her (though admittedly Mrs Weasley and Ginny by a few inches.) made her cling to that three quarters as though it was a life line.
She sighed as her large emerald eyes reached her forehead; the red lightning bolt scar sticking out like a sore thumb on her porcelain skin. She sighed again, pulling the now wet towel turban from her head and placing it on the radiator by the window, yanking a brush through her long locks, every now and then getting the smell of the sweet drum stick her shampoo gave her hair. The red head cast a drying charm and climbed into bed, gently removing her contacts into the bin under her bedside table before closing her eyes.
Tomorrow would be her first day of Muggle school in six years...
The curse hit its mark, Ron's blue jumper slashed across his side crimson flowing from his wound.
"Avada –"
Azalea acted quickly.
" –ACCIO ROCK! –"
"–Kedavra!"
The rock protected the trio just in time before Bellatrix apparated away. Azalea turned to see Hermione working on Ron's side.
"No, no, no, no, Ron, look at me. Talk to me." Azalea pleaded with the fast paling redhead.
Placing her wands on the wound, Azalea began to mutter the spell she heard when she had cursed Malfoy.
"Vulnera Sanentur," she murmured as she knitted at the wounds, but is wasn't healing as fast as it was when Snape had done it. Ron was fading, she gritted her teeth saying the incantation louder as though the magic would work faster if she did so.
"Ron," Hermione whispered, she sounded broken; they had finally gotten together a few months before. Azalea felt her own eyes burn her voice cracked as she continued to say the incantation.
"My girls are crying for me," he said with a smile that was more of a grimace. "Look after each –"
"Ron Weasley don't you dare say goodbye," Azalea said furiously. "VULNERA SANENTUR! VULNERA SANENTUR!"
"Don't you dare leave us, Ronald!" Hermione said. He looked at us both, pulling Hermione in for a kiss.
"I love you Hermione," he whispered. "Lea, this isn't your fault. I said so. We'll see each other again."
"NO RON!" both girls cried but it was too late, his eyes were vacant, Ron was gone.
Azalea shot up gasping, rushing to the toilet to vomit. Sobbing as she expelled the contents of her stomach, she lay on her bathroom floor for half an hour. Gaining the strength to get up and attempt to head back to bed, she stumbled back over to her bed trying to find her glasses on the side. Once she found them she checked the time. It was half 5, she couldn't go back to sleep now. Sighing she headed straight back to the bathroom to shower.
Once she had lathered and washed herself with her ginger scented body wash, she wrapped her fluffy red towel around her body and padded over to her underwear draw taking out a pair of matching light blue knickers and bra. Slipping them on, she turned to her wardrobe.
She dressed into a floral floaty skirt which had light brown elastically material at the top keep it up, and white vest top, and grabbed her bag, keys. Azalea walked into Elena's porch she didn't want to interrupt any of the Muggles getting ready so she sat on the porch swing. Porch swing, she though amused. Don't have these back home. She took out one of her new text books and began to read. The redhead was barely a page in when she felt someone nudge her shoulder, she looked up to see Elena in a red top and leather jacket, beside her was a dark girl who she presumed must be Bonnie. She was wearing a purple jacket blue top.
"Hey Elena," she said grinning, putting the book away. "You must be Bonnie. It's nice to meet you."
"Wow, you're adorable," she said making her blush. "Nice to meet you. Azalea?" she said uncertainly.
"Sorry, it's a bit of a mouthful. Just call me Lea." Bonnie smiled at her.
Azalea had decided as Muggles were not used to names like hers or Sirius, Draco and other she would let them use the nickname Ron made up for her. She turned to Elena. "Shall we get going?" she asked, Elena nodded grabbing Azalea's wrist.
"Come on," she said smiling, as they approached Bonnie's light blue car, Azalea got in the back while the long-time best friends got in the front, chatting immediately about their summer. The redhead listened in, but it wasn't until they were about half way, did the petite witch really begin to pay attention.
"So Grams is telling me I'm a psychic, our ancestors were from Salem. Witches and all that..." Bonnie said neither she or Elena noticing the red head in the back had frozen. A witch? What kind of witch she knew that there were more channellers here than core sorcerers in fact as far as she knew it was very rare for a channeller witch to know of our kind. She had to be one of them a Wiccan witch if she was going to use the more modern term or Elena wouldn't know her and she wouldn't be going to this school if she was a "wand carrier" or so they were called. The main difference between the two types of witches was the way the interacted with magic.
Core, they had a set magical core that didn't falter except in extreme conditions such as somewhere like Azkaban. They could perform magic to their heart's content without worrying they will harm themselves.
Channel, however, drew their magic from the earth. The wiccans as they were like a channel for magic, they do not own it, they draw it. Azalea knew if a wiccan preformed to much magic they could do great harm to themselves or even cause they're own death.
"Lea, you ok?" she heard a soft voice, she snapped out of her musing to see both girls looking at her anxiously.
"I'm fine sorry I got caught up in my own little world." Azalea said sheepishly.
"Alright, then come on witchy, time for chemistry." Elena teased.
"You mean potions," Azalea commented making both girls laugh hysterically. Azalea smiled, if only they knew, she thought as all three girls unbuckled their seatbelts and opened the car door...