xxi. three simple words

PERSONAL
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE : REAL LIFE

ABBIE STOOD OUTSIDE, her arms wrapped around herself as the cold wind nipped at her bare skin. her hair blew lightly in the wind, covering over some of her features. she wanted to go back in, but she couldnt bring herself to stand in a room with so many people. she felt bad for leaving her sister and sadie, but she didnt want to interrupt their fun.

she stared at the sky above her, captivated by the stars that glistened, each attempting to shine brighter than another. it was like a competition, they all wanted to gain the attention of the people below them to show they were the brightest star. this thought brought a smile to abbie's lips.

sadie watched from afar as the girl stared at the sky, thoughts running through her mind, she didnt know whether or not to walk up to her and break her from her daze. sadie felt someone pull her hand, swinging around to find millie trying to bring her inside. "they want us to thank everyone for coming, c'mon!" she cried, as sadie nodded. "give me two minutes.." she mumbled, as millie nodded, leaving to head inside.

sadie walked towards abbie, watching as the girl shivered with the cold. "you cold?" sadie whispered, slipping off the hoodie she had on earlier to shelter herself from the cold. abbie nodded lightly, not taking her eyes off the stars. "here, take this." the ginger offered, handing the brunette her hoodie. abbie looked over at her, before down at the hoodie. "but you'll be cold.." she mumbled, as sadie shook her head, placing the hoodie in abbies arms. abbie held out the hoodie, slipping it over her head.

"how come you're out here? sierra was looking for you.." sadie asked her, resting her head on the brunettes shoulder. "it was just a bit overwhelming.. y'know with so many people in the one place. im sorry.." abbie mumbled as dug her hands into the hoodie pockets. "theres nothing to be sorry about abs.. if you felt uncomfortable you should've told me. i would've went home with you." the ginger smiled.

the two stood in a comfortabe silence, neither wanting to leave. although sadie was meant to be inside alongside the cast thanking everyone for coming, she'd prefer to stay with abbie.

the silence was broken by abbie turning to sadie, scaring the girl slightly. she was taken aback by the sudden movement the girl had made, especially seeming she hadn't moved ever since the ginger had arrived.

"i love you." the brunette blurted out, on the outside, she looked brave, confident in her words. while in the inside, well. in the inside she was shaking with fear incase sadie wouldn't return the words. sadie stared at her, a shocked expression written across her face. she was speechless, she didn't know what to say or do.

"fuck.. shit sorry, uhm. i'm gona head home." abbie said, her hand scratching the back of her neck sheepishly. the brunette turned around, beginning to walk off before a hand gripped her shoulder, turning her around.

in a matter of moments, she felt a soft pair of lips attach to hers, the feeling taking over her body as an electric spark ran through her veins. excitememt and bliss ran through both girls' bodies as they went back in for a second kiss, which was decided by abbie.

sadie was the first to pull away, a grin spread across her face as she did so. she had been waiting for the right moment to do so, and seeing the brunette walk away had pushed her to do it. she did want to lose her. as cliche as it sounded, but she knew that abbie knew her better than anyone, and she didnt want to loose that with her. "also, dont take it personal, but personally, i always thought you were better with somebody like me." sadie grinned, as the two girls chuckled, hand in hand as they stared at the night sky, happier as ever.