Chapter Thirteen

-Welsknight's POV, 1st-

We had been watching Gravity Falls for an hour or two now, and I might as well do something productive. "Scar, you want anything while I'm up?" I asked him, but he shook his head. "'Kay, I'm gonna make some pizza bites, then..." I said, walking over to the fridge to retrieve the bag of frozen deliciousness. I put twelve of them in the microwave in a circle, with two in the middle so that they'd have room to cook, and set the timer for two minutes. While I waited, I figured I'd look out the window to see if it was raining like forecasted. Instead of seeing a storm or even clear skies, there was a fresh layer of powdery snow that was about four feet deep. I could barely see out of the window anymore because of it. What was up with this freak weather? It's the middle of June!

"Wels, look outside, it's snowing!" Scar shouted from the living room. I chuckled at his excitement, putting off my anxiety and confusion for the younger man. "I saw, it looks really deep, right?" I responded as he came running into the room. He was slightly shorter than me, but tried to hug me anyways. "Yeah! I want to go outside!" He was acting like a child, but an adorable one. "We can try, but getting out the door is gonna require a lot of work," I replied, and he let go, becoming instantly excited. He ran towards the door, taking something out of back pocket, but I couldn't make it out that well. It looked sort of like a big shard of colorful glass.

"What's that?" I asked him. "It's a magic crystal made specifically for cold situations, it'll clear enough of the snow to make your house accessible. It has a ten minute cool-down, though..." Scar explained enthusiastically, though he sounded a little annoyed, or moreover, disappointed, about the cool-down. "That's... Really interesting, if I'm being honest," I responded, watching as he set the crystal down. He covered it in snow, muttered something inaudible under his breathe, and closed the door. When he opened it again, the snow had been melted away within five feet of the door. "woah..." I said, blinking a few times to make sure it was real. The ground at the front door, aside from now being accessible, was greener than any grass I'd ever seen.

"Pretty cool, huh?" he asked, before grabbing my hand and pulling on my arm. I nodded. "Definitely," we both walked out of the house onto the small patch of grassy clearing that wasn't covered in snow, and started trying to climb on top of the huge cascade of snow. How had it snowed so much so fast? I found a solid standpoint, and heaved up with my leg muscles. I got on top of the solid layer of snow, until falling straight through it. You know that feeling when you stand on top of the snow for just one second, but a small part of you thinks it's solid, so you're shocked when it's not? Yeah, that's how it felt, except this time, it was almost four feet of snow.

Scar made the same mistake, and ended up toppling on top of me. After the initial shock wore off, he started laughing, and I joined in. He was still on top of me, but I didn't care anymore. Finally, we both calmed down enough to talk. "For someone who just starved themselves, you are surprisingly heavy," I joked sarcastically. He started laughing again, and moved so that I could get up. It took us a long time, but we eventually got a hold of some snowshoes. Scar was quick to put his on, while I took as much time as I could without him dragging me into the snow. Once we had both put on the snowshoes, he then proceeded to grab my arm, and pull on it until I got up.

We played around in the snow for a while, though it was mainly him playing. It was all going well until... "Scar, look out behind you-" I said, but I was too late, and he fell right into a random person wearing a bright red jacket. It appeared to be made of some sort of animal skin. they wore all red, and looked just like the description of that guy Xisuma had warned me about, Evil Xisuma, I think. "I am so, so sorry, I didn't mean to fall into you, and-" Scar said, but the stranger cut him off. "No need. I'm not here for that. Can you tell me where Welsknight is?" I stared at the man for a minute, before saying, "That's me..." He nodded. "Doc needs you, don't ask me why, I don't know." I sighed. "Sure thing, Scar?" I finished, and Scar looked up at the mention of his name. "Let's go," I flew off towards Doc's base apprehensively. What could he need me for?