Ray x reader

Requester: @Iwantfoodiui

Fandom: promised neverland

Au: everyone is older ( of course), and that it's basically normal lives but demons use to exist.

Context\\\
You and Ray were married for a while, you guys never talked about having kids- well that was a lie, it only happened once but that was when you guys were talking about your past's to each other- since he lived on a farm. But- now since you were married a few years... you skipped the time of the month 😏.

________

" Wait- so your...pregnant?" Emma whispered the last part as she grabbed your shoulders. You nodded your head quickly, as Norman was in the background looking at you two cautiously since he wasn't allowed in the conversation.

" I-... I don't know how to tell him, sometimes it's hard to talk to him..." You sighed out. Emma smiles at you.

" You love him, right?" You nodded.

" well then just tell him, I'm sure it's not that hard!" She spoke with a grin having you sigh.

" Yeah but Ray- what about me?" You flinch, turning and looking up slowly to see the familiar dark-haired male. You gulp.

" N-Nothing..." you stuttered out, he raises a brow at you.

" Then what were you talking about?" He asks, having you nervously fiddle with your fingers.

" I-I... we were talking about food?" You looked at him with a nervous smile, he looks intensely at you having you shake in fear.

" Now, why would you be talking about food?" He asks, towering over you. You flinch, he did this sometimes- but it's only to tease you... but he looked like he was going to murder you.

You turned to see if Emma or even Norman could help you out on this one. But when you turned, no one was there. You looked up back at Ray.

" Ummm... to cook you dinner?" He looks at you intensely, having you think this is your last day on earth. But surprisingly he softly smiles, his dark eyes softening.

" Oh, okay. See you at home" he then proceeds to walk away having you sigh in relief before turning around again to see Emma and Norman trying to hold in there laughter.

" What!?" Your shouted, having them laugh. You proceeded to cross your arms and pout.

...

" I know what you guys were talking about earlier" you flinched, hearing the deepish voice behind you. Slowly you turn, holding the bowl close to your chest as you looked back at the familiar face, Ray. Did he look- angry? Upset?

" Huh? What do you mean?" Your tired yo play it off, but he wasn't buying it.

He sighs.

" Never mind then..." he mutters out, walking away. You slightly frown. But he's going to know eventually, cause you had a plan. What was this plan you ask? Well, let me tell you!

You were currently baking a cake- a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting on it. With f/c frosting it's going to spell out:
"You're going to be a dad!" With all sorts of decorations on it. But you kinda already knew that he knows that you're pregnant. But, that's fine, you like baking anyway :)
( by the way, you can change the cake if you want to)

" Time for dessert!" You exclaimed excitedly. You had no idea why you were excited now- that's a lie, you were nervous. You were excited at first, but what if he doesn't want kids? What if-

' I need to calm down'

" Dessert? Since when?" He asks, having your turn and frown.

" Since now, so shhhhhhh" you shushed him, having him raise a brow. Now he was a little worried- since he heard you complain about him. Did you want to break up with him? Maybe leave him? What was he going to do with his life? He really does love you, he just doesn't really show it sometimes.

He snaps out of his thoughts as he now sees a cake in front of him, he looks up at you.

" Since when did you bake cakes?" He asks cockily, having you nervously laugh. He then smiles before looking down at the cake, his eyes widen a little bit realizing what it says.

He quickly looks back up at you, sitting up from his chair and grabbing you into a hug. You were kind of shocked, you thought he already knew that you were pregnant.

" I'm going to be a father?" He questions, having the words slowly come out of his mouth. You nod your head as you bury your head into his chest.

" Yeah... " you breathed out having him hold you tighter.

" I thought you didn't like me..." you were confused, having you back away from his chest and look up at him.

" huh? No- so you didn't know I was pregnant!?" You quickly shouted. He quickly realized what the conversation was about earlier.

" So you were just talking about how to tell me?" You quickly nodded your head, causing him to sigh in relief.

" Thank goodness..." he sighs out, having a vein pop out of your forehead.

" So I spent my time cooking a cake for you to tell you I'm pregnant! And this is what I get!?" He nods his head.

" and I get a lovely wife- and maybe a lovely son or daughter......." he spoke as he cuts a piece of cake before shoving it in his mouth. You sigh.

" - and that's how I figured out that I was having kids" Ray spoke, looking down at two identical children, one being a boy and the other being a girl. They both had h/c hair with black eyes.

" so mommy did it by...cake?" The little girl asks having Ray nod as you look at him with a pout.

" Yeah, cause mommy didn't want to share us. Right?" The boy asks, turning around at you having you nod your head, playing along.

" That's not right! It's cause mommy was jealous cause he was going to be a daddy!" The girl exclaims having the boy raise a brow.

" that doesn't make sense, cause daddy would've gotten jealous cause she was going to be a mommy!" The boy exclaims, causing you to laugh, including Ray. You had everything, and you wanted it to stay that way...

too bad you live on a farm...

I'm just kidding, calm down!...

Or am I? 👀

—————

Word count: 1115

Posted: 6/25/20

Edited:

Sorry that this took so long, but hey! I got new glasses so now it's easier for me to type! Yeah, boiiiiiiii- now I got edited :/
Also sorry if he was of character a little bit, it's been awhile since I watched this anime.

Next chapter: Ben x reader :)