❧ | 𝟹𝟹, ੈ✩ tn.

💫🌻
𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒄𝒉𝒊 𝒏𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒐
¹⁰⁵³

“y/n!! look at this weird bug i found!!”

“wha‒ i’d rather not.”

“but his shell is soo shiny!” your heart did flips when you saw how taichi’s electric blue eyes sparkled.

you see, taichi managed to snake his way through your heart and build a nest there. you love him to bits. he was weird at times but that’s what made you fall for him. he’s a precious boi and and you want to protecc him.

you gave in and took a peek at the beetle he held between his fingers gently. “aren’t you supposed to be scared of bugs?”

taichi laughed, “haha yeah i am. but this one is pretty and misumi stuffed it into my hands so yeah, i just went with it.” 

you smiled fondly at him. his antics were the cutest to you and you wished he’d notice how much you like him.

thus the occurrence of your latest concern. 
ever since you and taichi met you hit it off. yall spent your days by each other’s side, sent each other texts all night and gave gifts to each other. until it felt like,, you were,, best friends.

those two words hurt your brain just thinking about them. you concluded that taichi doesn’t see you more as a friend despite even the most obvious hints. you thought back to yesterday’s events.

“taichiii! i like you so much, let’s go on a date.” 

the said boy laughed. “ahaa your so funny y/n, as if any chick would want to date me.”

hence another failed attempt of a confession.

at this point you were desperate and you doubted taichi would get the message even if you serenaded him in front of the whole world that you’re in love with him.

so you came up with the perfect solution!! tonight you were going to write him a love letter anonymously and hint at your identity!!! the perfect plan!!!

.
.
🍰₊˚.༄ ೃ -
.

the next morning when you swung by the mankai dorm to deliver some props along with tetsuro, you slipped your love letter under taichi’s door when no one was looking.

you were nervous the whole day. your knee shook when you sat, you bit your nails and your throat went dry all the time. you were waiting for taichi to find your message.

it was only when you were about to leave the dorms that taichi pulled you into the hall way and stuffed the letter in front of your face. your heartbeat quickened. did he figure it out?

“y/n!! look!!! my first fan mail!”

your face fell at his words. never mind, he's still the same dense taichi i know and love.

out of excitement, taichi forced the paper in your hands, “here, read it!” 

you nervously laughed and stared at the words you wrote down yourself then pretended to read your own message. time to drop another hint sis. “isn’t this more of a love letter?”

taichi tilted his head and proceeded to stand behind you to glance at his ‘fan mail’ again. “hmm? is it? you really think so??” his voice got louder with every word. “so that means,, i have a secret admirer??” 

the blue-eyed boy gasped and shook your shoulders excitedly. you were happy too. but because the first stage of your plan was successful.

.
.
🍰₊˚.༄ ೃ -
.

the next stage of your plan was to turn the letter writing into a regular thing and attach gifts to them occasionally with every message sent was a hint to the identity of taichi’s secret admirer.

but,,, as time went by,, and taichi showing you the presents he receives and hand-written messages,, he- he still couldn’t put one and one together. 

you were :(( honestly. you were on the brink of giving up until taichi went up to you and asked you to read your latest love letter to him.

“hmm, y/n i still don’t know who they are.” taichi frowned. seeing him unhappy broke your heart, especially because it was your fault.

but that empathy you felt for him quickly faded away when he said, “like? how does this person know i’m scared of bugs.”

“maybe it’s someone you know?”

“psshh no way. i think i’d know if a chick liked me!! or a guy too!”

anger began escalating within you at how stupid taichi is.

“and!! they know about the pretty bug misumi gave me the other day, isn’t that so weird??”

“yeah. super weird.”

“not to mention this mystery person knows about my sleeping habits and how!! and how *in small font* and how i talk in my sleep.” taichi lowered his voice for the last part, he was embarrassed.

“wow. they even know that? how.” you tried your best to feign surprise but your voice was flat.

“i have no idea!!!! like how—”

you couldn’t take it anymore. it felt like your heart was about to burst from anger or was it love? you couldn’t tell. you interrupted his inquiries.

“beCAUSE IT’s ME YOU DUMB FUCK. your secret admirer knows so much becauSE IT’S ME!!” you frantically pointed towards yourself and you felt your cheeks burn. you were flustered at your confession/outburst.

you wish you didn’t say anything when taichi just stared at you in shock but there was no going back now.

you watched as taichi’s face slowly turned crimson. his heart was beating 180km/h. “y-you like me?”

you nodded angrily despite the obvious blush covering the apples of your cheeks. 

“hhh i could die from happiness right now.” the red-haired boy crumbled on the couch behind him. as much as he wanted to jump for joy and throw himself in your arms because of you reciprocating his feeling he couldn’t. his brain was going haywire and he was just‒ lovestruck.

your eyes lit up. “you,, you like me too?” your voice was coated with shyness.

taichi exclaimed, confidence entering his system once again. “yeS! i like you sO SO much!!! i just never thought you’d ever like me back.”

you approached the red faced male with the biggest grin ever. the boy of your dreams just confessed his love to you, how could you not smile like a cheshire cat? you flicked his forehead, earning a yelp from him. “oouch, y/n!!”

“that’s for being an idiot."