✷ | 𝟹𝟼, ੈ✩ ts.

🌻
𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒎𝒂 𝒔𝒖𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒊
⁵⁸⁶

tenma shuffled around nervously. he was surprised when no one had greeted him the way he expected to today. maybe they forgot? he told himself

"y-y/n hey. do you know what day it is?"

you looked in the distance and brought your hand to your chin pensively in a thinking position. "hmm, we're sunday aren't we?"

tenma feigned realisation, disappointment turning heavy in his chest. "oh, so we're the 21st today?"

glancing at your phone, you checked the date and nodded. "yup!"

the actor groaned internally at your answer. haven't they seen my fans post for my birthday or the banners outside on bus stops or something?

.
.
🍰₊˚.༄ ೃ -
.

throughout the day, tenma dropped hints that his birthday was today not only to you but the other troupe members too.

to create a conversation that remind others of his birthday, tenma crumpled a sheet of paper into ball and threw at yuki's head to attract his attention.

"oi! what was that for?" the green-haired male glared at tenma who turned his head dismissively. "when's your birthday again?"

yuki rolled his eyes, "pftt don't act as if you forgot, i never told you in the first place." he focused his attention back on his sewing machine. "it's july 8th." 

tenma made a mental note to not forget it. he was about to ask, "do you know when mine is?" with a brow raised, challenging yuki.

but it felt like yuki predicted tenma's next words because he drowned his voice out with the loud sewing of his machine. "hmm? did you say something?"

tenma grew embarrassed. he didn't repeat his question. the corners of his mouth were too busy turning downwards to say it again. "nothing."

.
.
🍰₊˚.༄ ೃ -
.

with many failed attempts of wanting to be wished a happy birthday that even his parents forget to wish, tenma fled outside of the dorms out of <\\3 sadness. 

he needed fresh air. 

tenma sat at a bench and looked around his surroundings gloomily. he spotted a big advertisement panel with his face on it.  it had 'happy tenma day!' written on it in a big 3d font. 

tenma sighed. "at least an advert sign told me happy birthday. i guess that's all i'll get today." he said out loud to no one in particular.

with another sigh, tenma stood up and slowly headed back to the dorms with his shoulders slumped. 

he fished his keys out of his pockets and turned them in the lock of the door. he was walked in the front entrance that had its lights off.

that's unusual.

tenma placed his fingers on the wall and searched for the switch and flicked the lights on but he was met with a surprising sight.

all the troupe members were gathered. they wore big fat grins on their lips and some had party hats sitting on their hair. you stood in the center of them, holding tenma's birthday cake in your hands carefully, making sure you didn't lean too close to it and make your hair catch fire from the candles.

tenma stood with his jaw open. he felt his cheeks turn red.

"happy birthday tenma!!" everyone cheered together. you tilted your head guiltily, "sorry we pretended to not know it was your birthday."

the birthday boy smiled lovingly at you, his purple eyes closing into crescents, to cherish this precious memory. but he quickly back to his senses.

"wHa— sO YOU GUYS ALL KNEW??"

"t-tenma are you crying,,"

"sh-shut up!! no i'm not."