Chapter 5

Elena ran her fingers through her hair, trying to decide if she had washed all of the conditioner out of her hair or not. She then held on to the ends of her hair and wondered if she should get it cut. Maybe some highlights? What was the wife of a rich Salvatore supposed to look like?

Truthfully, she didn't care about her hair right now. What she cared about was taking a much needed nap before she faced reality. The reality that she was now living with Stefan and that she would be marrying him soon. She glanced at the immaculate ring on her left finger, watching as it glistened with the droplets of shower water. Suddenly, she was her worst nightmare. The girl who married for money and was miserable because of it. She had no idea how he would treat her in the next six months. She had no idea how she would treat him, either. Elena sincerely hoped that they would leave each other alone for the most part. But a part of her was scared that she would be alone too much. She had no one here in Mystic Falls. Living out in the middle of nowhere now made her feel even more secluded. Sighing, Elena cut the water off and grabbed for her towel, drying herself off and then wrapping the towel around body.

She walked out of her bathroom and toward her dresser in search of something comfortable to wear. She had no idea what Stefan had in store for her later that evening in what he called "bonding". Elena pulled out a pair of jeans and one of her favorite t-shirts supporting a local children's foundation. Comfortable, yet casual. "How was your shower?" she heard Stefan say, causing her to jump as she turned around to shoot daggers at him. He was smirking. "Wish I had been in there with you?"

"Boundaries Stefan, boundaries!" she screamed at him. Stefan remained where he was in her doorway, his smile widening. "Seriously, get out!" she yelled, disappointment running through her mind when she realized there was nothing to throw at him that would cause him pain.

Stefan chuckled some as he took a step into her room. Elena raised a weary eyebrow at him. Why wasn't he leaving? "See" he said, beginning to slowly walk towards her again. Elena clutched the towel around her tighter. "I would leave ... if I actually believed that you wanted me to" he told her. Elena froze as he stopped in front of her. Stefan cocked his head to the side and studied her. Was she nervous? No, she was in denial. Stefan's hands grabbed on to her towel and he yanked on it, pulling her close to him. His lips moved toward her neck and he paused by her ear, whispering softly, "Just admit it. You want me."

Elena shook her head no, but she knew it was a weak attempt. Her heart was going to beat right out of her chest due to his close proximity. And when his hand wrapped around her back, and his lips lightly pressed against her own, she was sure she would die right then and there. Her skin was on fire and she was positive that the only reason she had not burst into flames was because of the towel still wrapped around her, keeping her rational. His lips pressed harder onto hers and she in turn held on to his shoulders, fearing she just might collapse if she didn't. Stefan smiled against her lips, knowing she was as good as gone by this point. She wanted more – needed more. He could give her more, if she let him. He trailed kisses back to her ear, feeling her face bury itself in his shoulder as she tried to hide how ragged her breathing had become. "Elena" he whispered into her ear. Elena froze, his nose still pressed against her ear. "If you want more, all you have to do is say so."

Elena, finding it possible to speak, simply nodded her head yes against him. Stefan's hands came back around to the front of her towel and he fingered the material. Elena slowly pulled her head away from him to look down and watch him slowly unwrap the towel that was around her. He was going ever so slowly, beginning to drive her crazy. "Stefan" she said, exasperation filling her voice. She began taking the towel off herself when his hands grabbed on to hers, stopping her. She looked up into his eyes immediately, questioning his action.

He simply smiled at her. "Wake up" he told her. She gave him a confused look, not sure what he was talking about. "Wake up" he repeated, a little louder.