Chapter 14

Yes. Stefan was going to find Derrick and have him followed to see what he was up to. Because he was worried about Elena because he cared about her? No. He sat there for a moment, reminding himself that if anything happened to Elena, he would be out 12 million dollars and would have to start this whole scam over again.

Elena's movement brought him out of his thoughts. "I have to be to work in a little bit" she said, pulling on Stefan's arms to try and get herself free.

Stefan's arms locked and held her in place. His lips found the back of her neck once again. "Call in sick" he groaned, not seeing why either of them should have to get out of bed.

"Can't" she said, struggling hard to not let him know that her newfound weakness was him kissing that spot on her neck. "There's no one to cover for me" she added, attempting to sit up once again. Stefan let her this time.

But he didn't like it. Her working was becoming an inconvenience for him. "So what am I supposed to do all day while you're at work?" he asked.

Elena had to laugh at how pathetic he sounded. "What did you used to do before you married me?" she asked. Stefan smiled as he thought about all the women that kept him plenty busy during the day. Elena just rolled her eyes, getting the idea. "Never mind" she said, grabbing her underwear and his shirt from off of the floor and slipping them on.

Stefan propped himself up on his elbow and watched her as she bent down and picked up the rest of her clothes. "I could at least join you in the shower" he offered, a small grin appearing.

Elena shook her head no. "I'm just going to take a quick shower" she said. If she let him into the shower with her, she would never get to work.

Stefan frowned. "Well you could at least come and kiss me goodbye since I won't see you all day" he said, laying on the guilt.

Elena smiled. "You really are needy aren't you?" she asked, dropping her clothes in a pile and walking back over to the bed. She leaned over and went to give him a quick peck on the lips when his arms engulfed her, bringing her back down on the bed with him. She laughed, but he quickly covered her mouth with his.

When he finally broke their kiss, he made sure to kiss his way up towards her ear. "I'm extremely needy" he whispered as his hands trailed up underneath the shirt she had just put on.

Elena knew that she was in trouble when her eyes closed and she heard herself sigh. "You're going to get me fired" she told him.

"I'll take the blame" he told her, kissing his way back to her lips. Elena smiled as he kissed her cheek and then her nose. She had to admit, she would probably be late for the first time in her life.

XXXXXXXXXXX

Elena made it behind the counter with 30 seconds to spare as her fingers quickly tied the apron around herself. Her manager gave her a questioning look because Elena had always been at least 20 minutes early every time she was scheduled to work. Elena simply couldn't help but smile as she grabbed her pad of paper and pen and went to wait on a table.

The morning rush had finally cleared out after half an hour and Elena was thankful that she could stop and breathe for a minute. She looked up though when the bell over the door rang, indicating that someone was coming in. "Morning" he said brightly, taking a seat at the counter in front of Elena. "So are you going to read me the specials?" he asked, a smile beaming across his face.

Elena crossed her arms. "What are you doing here?" she asked, studying him closely.

"I missed you" he answered with a pretend sad look.

"It's been 30 minutes Stefan" Elena told him, giving up on trying to suppress the smile that had wanted to escape since the moment she saw him walk in.