Chapter 40

Elena ended up finding a swimsuit after all. Stefan wasn't exactly happy about it, but she was already in the hot tub when he walked outside with a mimosa and a plate of fruit. Elena had been in the water for almost five minutes and she could already feel the stress seeping out of her shoulders and her back. Stefan was a genius for suggesting the hot tub.

"Here" he said, handing her the mimosa before joining her. Elena took a drink before setting it down and leaning her head back, closing her eyes and enjoying the warm water around her.

"Best idea ever" Elena said with a smile.

Stefan grinned. He knew it was a brilliant idea. He waded through the water towards her, taking a seat next to her. She opened one eye and looked at him. He was being so patient for being so eager. But Elena knew he was ready to rip that swimsuit off of her. "You look a lot more relaxed" he said, pushing a loose piece of hair out of her face.

Elena sat up and turned to look at him. "I am" she said, slowly moving to straddle his lap. Before Stefan could even celebrate, she had grabbed his face and kissed him passionately. She figured it was going to be payback for that passionate kiss he had given her earlier.

Stefan didn't care what he motive was though by this point. He slid his hands up her back, fingering the strings holding her bikini top together. She smiled when she heard his eager moans fill her ears.

Stefan attempted to undo the strings and when he couldn't, he got frustrated and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her even closer. He needed her so much that it hurt. "Elena" he whispered against her lips, moving his hands to her hips finally and grabbing on to her swimsuit bottoms, ready to tug them down.

They both heard a breathless gasp and turned to see who had interrupted them. "Elena, what are you doing to Uncle Stefan?" Lily asked, dropping her jaw once again.

Elena quickly moved off of Stefan and willed her face to stop turning bright red. "Uh, we were just ... what are you doing here?" Stefan asked, trying to cover.

"Mommy said we could come over and make sure you were feeling better" Lily said, eyeing them suspiciously. "What was Elena doing to you?" she asked cautiously.

Stefan felt himself blush slightly when he felt Elena duck her face against his shoulder to hide her own embarrassment. "Elena was ... checking my temperature. To make sure the water wasn't making me too hot" he explained. "She had to be as close to me as possible to make sure" he added.

"Lily?" Katherine asked, opening the sliding glass door and walking out. She stopped when she saw Stefan and Elena in the water.

"Elena was checking Uncle Stefan's temperature" Lily informed her mother.

"What?" Katherine asked, completely confused.

"Elena was on top of Stefan, checking his temperature" Lily clarified.

Katherine laughed. "She was not. They were making a baby" Katherine informed, continuing to laugh.

Stefan and Elena's faces paled. "Katherine!" Stefan scolded, though Katherine wore an amused smile.

Lily's eyes grew wide with excitement. "A baby?" she asked excitedly. "There's gonna be a baby in her tummy?" she asked, jumping up and down twice before running to her mother and hugging her legs.

"No no no" Stefan said. "We were not making a baby" he said, cringing at Katherine's terminology.

Lily's face fell instantly. Her bottom lip began to tremble, much like it did when she was always upset. "There's not gonna be a baby?" she asked.

"No, Lily" Elena said, finally looking up from Stefan's shoulder. "Not right now."

"But when?" Lily asked.