Chapter 3

Before I could even get close to her she pushes past me. "I don't know what your girlfriend's problem is but you need to get her." She looks me right in the eye. "Dealing with racism ain't nothing new for me but that doesn't mean I'm gonna tolerate it."

As I was about to reply Peyton walks in with a worried look on her face. "Dads home we gotta get them outta here" Layla rushes in and grabs Samara's hand as she drags her out of the closet. "So are we going out the window or the back door?" Layla questions

I look out into the hallway to see my dad was already walking up the stairs. "Window and you gotta be quick dads already coming up the stairs." I usher them towards the window as Dejuane and Layla get ready to jump. "You're crazy if you think I'm gonna jump out a window! We could die." Samara looks like dear in head lights.

Peyton just pushes her up on the window seal and says "If you stay in here you'll for sure be dead. Plus the trampoline will break your fall" and with that Dejuane, Layla, Samara we're out the window and on the trampoline.

Samara's POV
When we landed Layla and Dejuane were laughing like we didn't just jump out a fucking window. "Y'all are some crazy motherfuckers we could've died and y'all are laughing!" I look at both of them like they were crazy. "We do this all the time. If you're gonna be friends with Peyton and Cam you have to get used to it." Layla just shrugs and Dejuane nods in agreement.

We start walking back to the car. The park is only about a 4 minute drive walk from Peyton and Cameron's house. "Hey I hate to ask but I didnt drive my car here and my house is kinda far, so do you think you could give me a ride home?" Dejuane rubbed the back of his neck and putting his hand under Layla's shirt looking a little nervous.

I looked towards Layla who was giving me pleading eyes. "Yeah that's fine" I put a smile on my face just to comfort his uneasy expression. When we get into the car I noticed that Layla got in the back with Dejuane. "No funny business in the back seat. Layla I know you thought you was slick." I laugh as I pull out of the parking lot.

I put in the directions to Dejuane's house I look in my rear-view mirror and see them cuddled up.

(How they looked^^)

(How they looked^^)

I thought it was the cutest thing. As we drive I let them sleep while I played my music but not loud enough to wake them up. "Hey y'all gotta wake up we're here." I said as we pulled up to Dejuane's house.

When he got out he hugged Layla and then thanked me for taking him home. "So you wanna tell me why we had to jump out a window?" Layla turned to look at me and seemed skeptical to tell me. "Well um Cams parents aren't really fond of black people." She looked down at her hands.

"So they're racist" I took my eyes off the road for half a second to look at her when she nodded her head. "It's more his dad then it is his mom but that doesn't really make it any better." Finding out that his parents are racist makes me think. Are Peyton and Cameron racist too. I mean they hang out with black people so I suppose they aren't but you never know.

"I know what you're thinking no Peyton's not racist I don't really know about Cam tho considering his racist ass girlfriend." She rolls her eyes as I laugh. I can tell we're gonna get along great. "All I know is Cameron better watch his girlfriend before she get popped."

I put on music and we jam until we pull in my driveway. We walk in and greet our parents then head up to my room. "So what's going on with you Dejuane y'all seemed pretty close. Closer than best friends" I raise my eyebrows at her. "Girlll let me tell you." We both laugh before she starts telling me about what happened in the closet.

Layla's POV
"When we first went in the closet I didn't really think we were gonna do anything 'cause to me I thought we were just friends, but then he kissed me." I was smiling so hard I was probably blushing.

"Then he started to kiss my neck I thought we were gonna further but then Peyton walked in and told us our time was up." Samara was smiling and looking at my neck. " I noticed the hickey when you got back in the front seat I just didn't say anything. It's a good thing Mr. Johnson didn't notice."

I felt so embarrassed I covered my face with my hands. "Don't worry it's not that noticeable, but do you like him I can tell he likes you." I had to think about what she asked I don't think I like him but I'm really not sure. "No I don't like him I just think he's cute. I mean he's my best friend that would ultimately ruin the friendship."

Samara looks like she doesn't believe shit coming out of my mouth, but before she can say anything we get called downstairs. As we walk downstairs Samara  has a confused expression on her face. I'm a little confused too it's not dinner time so what could they want to talk about.

"Come sit." We sit down on the couch in front of my dad and Ms. Willson. "So me Sebastian have been talking and we think that it would be a great idea if Mara transfers to greenhouse academy when we move." Ms. Willson looks so happy but Samara just gets up and runs out of the house.

~~~~~~~~~

This chapter took a while and it's not the best but please bear with me I promise the chapters will get better. Don't forget to vote and comment what you think😊