Chapter 9

Dejaune's pov
I become less and less confident as I get closer to Layla and Tyrone. "Hey um Layla can I uh talk to you for a second?" I look between the two as Tyrone glares at me and Layla nods lightly following me away from Tyrone.

"So I wanted to apologize for dancing with Samara I know I probably shouldn't have and I'm so sorry for making you upset. Baby, you know I would never intentionally hurt you." I rant still not seeing any emotion on her face.

"It's not your fault I got jealous because I really like you and I have for a while. And to be completely honest me and Tyrone are just friends I asked him to pretend not to like you and stuff to make you jealous." She looks down in embarrassment but I think it's cute.

I lift her chin smiling at her. "You like me?" I watch as her face turns red. "I s-said that? I didn't mean it in like the you know li-" I cut her off by kissing her. I put all my emotions into that kiss so she would know how I felt about her.

I pull away placing my forehead on hers. "I like you too Layla Diana Johnson" I smile at her as she rolls her eyes "Way to kill the mood using my middle name" I laugh at her cupping her face. "Will you Layla beautiful Diana Johnson do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"

She stayed silent for a moment making me get nervous of what her answer is going to be. "I-I just don't know I don't think right now is the best time...."

My face immediately falls. I thought she was gonna say yes and I thought we could be happy together.... I guess she just didn't have those same thoughts. "I'm kidding Dejuane! Of course I'll be your girlfriend" I smile wide as I pick her up spinning us around.

She truly makes me happy.

Samara's pov
After a long, but good day we decided to head home. I dropped Layla, Tyrone, and Dejuane off first just leaving me and Cameron. I could feel him staring at me and I could tell he wanted to tell me something I just wish he would come out and say it.

I pull up to his house stopping and turning to look at him. "I know you have something you wanna tell me so just say it already. I'm a very impatient person, Cameron." I place my hands in my lap waiting for an explanation. "It's just when you come to my school people are gonna give you a hard time I just wanna make sure you're prepared for everything."

He was talking slowly making me think he had something to tell me but I'll it slide for now. "I've been dealing with people giving me a hard time my whole life I think I'll be okay" I laugh a little and realize he lets out a breath. It can't be that bad can it? "I just want to make sure you're good"

I smile at his concern, but still assure him that I'll be fine. He hugs me and I watch as he walks into his only turning back to blow me a kiss, so cliché.

At school on Monday
"Sooo how was your weekend? Tells us everything and don't leave out a single detail." Michelle leaned over the table in excitement as I told her and the rest my friends apart from Tyrone about my weekend.

"So you're telling me that you kissed a nigga wit a whole girl." Kiona's eyes widen it had totally slipped my mind that he was still with Amber. I shrugged my shoulders not really caring since she wasn't the nicest to me when we've interacted.

My day went by pretty fast considering it was my last day here. I walk into my box filled house and go to room so I call Cameron and tell him how boring my day was. I call and no answer so I call again... still no answer. So I text and it won't go through. Did he block me?

Surely he didn't block me I didn't even do anything. I guess I'll just have to ask him about it when I go to school Thursday. I hear my mom come in so I decide I would go down and talk to her.

"Hey ma" I kiss her on her cheek and smile at her. "Hi baby, do you think you could start loading up the moving truck I still have a few things I need to pack up." I nod and start loading up the truck.

My momma has always been there for me even my friends weren't. I'd do anything for my mom especially since it's been just us until recently. My dad died when I was 8 and I was left with my older brother and my mom. My brother died at 16 because a police officer shot him. I was 13 at the time sitting in the passenger seat watching it all happen. It's not a topic I like to talk about a lot. His death the main reason I make sure all my black friends are driving safe and staying safe.

Once we get to Mr. Johnson's house or my new house I help unpack all the boxes and head to my room to take a shower.

 Johnson's house or my new house I help unpack all the boxes and head to my room to take a shower

(Her room^)

I thought my room was big but my bathroom.... it's humongous it has a fireplace right by the bathtub.

(Her bathroom^)

(Her bathroom^)

I take a long hot shower hoping it help me go to sleep faster. I still can't believe I'm go to THE greenhouse academy it seems like just yesterday I was the somewhat poor black girl who only had four friends and now.... now I don't really know what I am.

Cameron's pov
I blocked her. I know probably shouldn't have but I did. I can't take any chances with Amber finding out or if she does find I don't want her to tell my parents. I know it's wrong but if I just ignore her maybe she'll get the hint.

I'm sitting in my room with Amber thinking about Samara. "Hello did you here anything I just said" I look over at Amber and shake my head. "Ugh. I asked you if heard about that black bitch transferring to our school" she rolled her eyes, I hope they get stuck or maybe she'll find her brain.

"Yeah I heard." I don't show any emotion on my face I can't exactly break up with her yet. It's complicated but I need her for something. "Look it's getting late I think you should head home." I go and open my door for her to leave, but on her way out she tried to kiss me and I turned my head.

"Why did you do that? You act like we've never kissed before." She cocks her head to the side with a questionable look on her face. "I'm just not in the mood I guess" I shrug it off and close the door after she leaves.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in. I can't believe it already Tuesday I only have one more day to figure out what I'm gonna do when Samara comes. I run a hand down my face and sigh turning off my light.

Lord please give me the strength to face her on Thursday.

I know this chapter is a little short but I'm working on a chapter that will be longer. I'm also wondering what days you guys would want me to update. I may not be able to update everyday so please tell me what would be convenient for you. Don't forget to vote and I hope you liked this chapter😊