Years Go By

After going back to the palace, the king and queen did what the king exactly said to Paddie. It took a few days to let the servants go back to their families as others remain in the castle. (Y/N) remembered the remaining servants, who knew about Elson's secret, closed the windows and doors of the palace, as well as the gate. She looked over at Elson and held his hand as he looked at his hands in worry.

He kept his distance from Anna for those few days and he was starting to push (Y/N) away. He looked at her hand, that was on top of his, and he moved it away, scared that he would hurt his one and only friend. (Y/N) sighed in sadness as she stayed by Elson's side. The silence coming between them.

Two days later, the two were reading inside (Y/N)'s room until a servant came inside her room. (Y/N) tilts her head in curiosity as of why they were here, but she gasped as they grabbed Elson and dragged him away from her. Elson looked over at (Y/N)'s saddened look and he looked at her sadly too before disappearing out of her sight.

❄-❄-❄-❄-❄

"What did I do?" Anna asked (Y/N) as she remembered Elson sparing her a last look before shutting the door to his new room. His new room was right beside (Y/N)'s bedroom, which made him happy and sad that she was nearby. (Y/N) requested the idea to the king and queen, and they think that it was a good idea since they don't want to make their son feel lonely. She sighed at Anna as she sat on her bed and smiled at her sadly.

"You did nothing wrong, Anna. You did nothing to deserve this..." She hugged Anna close to her and looked towards a painting above her bed's headboard. It was a painting of her and Elson when they were just three years old, a gift that her mom made for her. What Anna doesn't know is that behind the painting was a circular window to where Elson's room was. The servants added that before moving the prince in. They can communicate, yes, but it wasn't the same.

He did nothing to deserve this. (Y/n) thought as she held Anna tighter.

❄-❄-❄-❄-❄

(Y/n)'s POV:

"(Y/n)...?" I heard knocking coming after the call and my door opened. I looked over at my door to see Queen Iduna and King Agnarr. I was on my work desk studying as always whenever I have free time. I could be with Elson, but I can't be with him right now. I could only communicate him through our special window with my door locked. I'm scared that Anna might come into my room when I'm talking to Elson, she never knocks.

"Yes, your Majesties?" I asked to be polite, despite being with them for the longest time with my parents. Both of them smiled at me fondly as Queen Iduna continued talking. "We were thinking if you could join us for Elson's lessons. He misses you and needs you. He needs comfort from you right now." She looked worried as she looked over to the wall where Elson's room was.

I began to feel worried as I stood up from my chair and followed them to Elson's room. King Agnarr knocked on the door and they went into his room. I hesitated a bit but I got over it as I went inside his room and closed the door behind me. His room was really cold and I could see frost coming from the corners of the room as I looked where Elson was. 

He was by the window as he looked outside sadly. He looked at the reflection of the window to see me and he gasped in surprise. He looked over at me in fear as he cowered away from me. "Elson...?" I walked over to him and sat beside him. I grabbed his hands and he gasped in fear. "It's alright..." I smiled at him as I felt my hands becoming cold because of his hands. 

"I won't let anyone hurt you and I won't make you feel lonely. No matter what happens between us, I promise to be by your side." Elson smiled lightly as I could see tears coming from the corner of his eyes. I wiped them away and kissed his forehead as he wrapped his arms around my torso, not wanting to let go.